Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sunday we went riding on the way home my foreman started sounding funny got way loud soundin pulled over couldn't really see and thing eased it home got to lookin and the is a big hole in the side of my HMF pipe will upload some pics tomorow my question is will i have to buy a new one or will they do anything about it like a defective materials or something

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
it doesn't look like anything hit it, theres no bends in it that I can see. Clean it up alittle and make sure its not plugged up and bring it somewhere and have a patch put on it. It should be made of alum. if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
email them and tell them about it, i had a supertrapp that broke and i emailed them and they fixed it for free, but it had a one year warranty so that helped alot. if you do end up sending it in make sure it is super clean because if it is dirty they think it was abused.
-Aaron

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
they will tell you that either your bike was running to lean and the heat caused the hole to blow through..or you have gotten your pipe wet on the inside and the packing desolved and the heat got to the outside of your pipe and melted it..they usually won't help you out in this situation much..this happens regularly due to the 2 situations i listed..but i would try..they may come through for ya..

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Vaughn had the end bolts loosen on his... and when he went to fix it, he broke it. Then he found out that HMF would have replaced it for free... Hmmm... Hind site...20/20

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.