Honda Foreman Forums banner

worst color to show scratches

7K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Flip 500 
#1 ·
i have to say..i'm disappointed with the durability of the plastics on my foreman..i had a yellow 2003 foreman before before my 2005 red one.. the yellow i gave **** and could wash it up and it would look brand new..this red shows every thing..my 05 foreman looks 20 years old already..don't know if it's the color or something different in the plastics from the 03's to the 05's..so does one color show scratches worse than another..??

#2 ·
I thinks its just like a vehicle, some so more scrathes then others. By for i think that the black one that honda make shows the most. The dealership even had a sign on it that said please do not sit. You could already see the scrathes on it from people just sitting on it and the bike had never left the show room floor.
The darker the color the more likely scrathes will show. Just my opinion

#3 ·
The olive green shows scratches badly also. Can imagine the yellow would be best for scratches. Still, I like the green as spend most of my time in the woods.

#4 ·
When I was shopping around for a good deal, most of the dealers told me that yellow was there hotest seller for 2 reasons. They don't show scratches nearly as bad as green and red, black being the worst. And they are easer to spot in the woods when you get off and go mushrooming or hunting. Some even told me they keep the yellow ones in the back so they can sell the green and red ones. I love mine after 2 months it still looks new, even tho I catch a lot of **** for it.

#6 ·
QUOTE ("dastagg":2t8032g3)
The olive green shows scratches badly also. Can imagine the yellow would be best for scratches. Still, I like the green as spend most of my time in the woods.
I wonder why most hunters want green? Deer are color blind.

#7 ·
I'd have to say red and green are the worst.I have a red Foreman 500 and the wife's Recon is green.I am real careful when washing them and they still are all scratched up.Has anyone found something that works good for polishing out the scratches?

#9 ·
That Pepsi Blue is a hot color.. But I agree, the blue is probably a bad color to show scratches. But again..That Pepsi Blue is a pretty cool color

#10 ·
Railroader wrote,
I wonder why most hunters want green? Deer are color blind.

Maybe so, but most hunters also wear camo. Expecially when wanting to get close to deer such as bow hunting. I don't bow hunt but it just seems right with the green and hunting. No other reason other than it just feels like green/hunting go together. I did like the green and hated the yellow. Now, I've changed my taste as the yellow is cool looking. Still like the green but yellow would be a good choice if doing it all over again.

#11 ·
yea i would have to say that the pepsi blue is bad color to show scratches. my pa has and old 88 honda 350 foreman that is blue and it shows em bad

#12 ·
I had a yellow 05 Rancher before I got my green 06 Foreman and it made it 11months and still looked nice except for the color faded alittle. My Foreman looked like it had been rolled down a hill after the first ride!!!! Oh and it hasnt been rolled while the Rancher had twice. I have found from my selling of this things that green is easier to sell than yellow for some reason. But that was during deer season. I still think the yellow is sharp!

#13 ·
QUOTE ("plumcuda":lfkuc12m)
I'd have to say red and green are the worst.I have a red Foreman 500 and the wife's Recon is green.I am real careful when washing them and they still are all scratched up.Has anyone found something that works good for polishing out the scratches?
wipe down all the plastics with black magic(similiar to armorall but better) this makes the plastic look brand new.

#14 ·
I picked green because of the hunting/green idea too. But the main reason for green is because it is harder for other people to see it in the woods, just blends into the woods better.

#15 ·
I have always thought that black plastic shows every little stratch

#16 ·
It does and it drives me crazy. I love to get my foreman dirty but I also like it to be clean, you cant get the black to look as good as the yellow after the first few rides.

#17 ·
well after crappie floppin at about 30 miles an hour mine looks like somone took a steel brush over it...................it was so pretty ..........time to buy more stuff and cheef myself up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.