Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have an 2007 Rubicon. Out of the blue the other day it would not start, it would just make a click noise.
First thought the battery was dead, so I charged it.
Same thing, click noise. The noise comes from the battery area and not from the engine area.
All the head lights, and dash lights come on so I don't think it is a power issue, but I could be wrong.

Any ideas??

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
check all the connections at the battery and selonoid
does it start with the pullstart
also check all the fusses with a test light

·
Registered
90 Posts
sounds like starter brushes to me

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fuses are all good.
All the connections are tight.
I think it is the solenoid itself that is clicking?

Would that mean its gone?

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Like rich said... does it start with pull starter?

·
Registered
675 Posts
take a screw driver and cross the neg and pos connections of the solenoid. It should crank your bike right up.

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
with the key on ....take a screwdriver and touch both big ends (where the 2 big cable ends attatch )

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did a couple search's and it I give the pull cord a little pull it will free up the stater and it will start with the button.
Does this mean the starter it's self is screwed?

Are they expensive?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wont start makes clicking noise

Hello , New to the forum, Just a quick reply to the question, my 02 did the same thing, so when in doubt use a hammer. Crud may build up inside your starter, so gently tap the starter with the hammer and see if that takes care of the problem, it did for me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Brushes are bad!!!!!! Just replaced one on an 07 foreman es. $21.00 and about 20 min.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks 350x-man, gave the starter a light tap with a hammer and it seemed to free it up. Works great ever since.
Thanks for Everyones input.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Right on...gotta love the cheap fixes eh...lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
All tapping with a hammer does is vibrate the dust out of the way. your brushes are getting worn, do yourself a favor and replace the brushes. it may work now but eventually it will stop working again, and if you keep putting it off a $20 fix will turn into $200 fix JMO

1 - 20 of 27 Posts