Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
No Neutral light= no spark
CDI has to see a ground signal from the neutral switch to produce spark (prevents starting in gear)
Find your neutral switch wire plug connector and disconnect it, then ground the harness side to frame or negative terminal
You should have spark and a neutral light at this point, unless neutral bulb is bad
If it works, replace neutral switch

PS Most of us are all hanging out over at atvhonda.com now and getting away form these mismanaged forums
Its free, the help is unbelevably quicker and much more accurate and its a great Honda knowledge source for Honda ATV owners-and then some... stop over and check it out
I only check in here periodically to check mail and see if I can help someone
Hope to see you over there
AKATV

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Neutral light= no spark
CDI has to see a ground signal from the neutral switch to produce spark (prevents starting in gear)
Find your neutral switch wire plug connector and disconnect it, then ground the harness side to frame or negative terminal
You should have spark and a neutral light at this point, unless neutral bulb is bad
If it works, replace neutral switch

PS Most of us are all hanging out over at atvhonda.com now and getting away form these mismanaged forums
Its free, the help is unbelevably quicker and much more accurate and its a great Honda knowledge source for Honda ATV owners-and then some... stop over and check it out
I only check in here periodically to check mail and see if I can help someone
Hope to see you over there
AKATV
thanks . where is the switch? Right side back fender?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts