Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
You have a faulty fuel inlet needle valve or a sunk float with a pinhole(doubtful) on your carb
Give carb good cleaning and check your fuel petcock and hose and sediment or build up
It only takes a crumb or grain of sand size particle to jam the fuel inlet needle open
Might want to check on why your overflow drain hose is not working(if its present)
its designed so that it should overflow out the drain hose under the carb and not back up into airbox
check your oil too -if it smells like gas change it or you run the risk of washing out your rings and burning out the top end
let us know what you find out

·
Registered
106 Posts
Your welcome, If you get a chance you should come check all of us out over at atvhonda.com
Its free to join and you can download free service manual for your machine
Most all the Honda ATV experts left these forums and created their own forum for Honda ATV riders, as there are to too many rules and restrictions /mismanagement here and the other similar forums
If you want GOOD info and Quick answers back on issues, I highly recommend coming over and checking us out.
I only stop in here periodically to help when I can
Hope to see you over there
AKATV

·
Registered
86 Posts
In addition to checking the float needle, and the carb overflow hose, I’d make sure the vent in the fuel cap is unobstructed. If, after riding in the hot sun you hear a whoosh of escaping fumes when you loosen the fuel cap...

·
Banned
12 Posts
drain hose under the carb and not back up into airbox
check your oil too -if it smells like gas change it or you run the risk of washing out your rings and burning out the top end

1 - 6 of 6 Posts