Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question does any one know why the 2500 LB GORILLA Pro Series is only 80.00 with all the mounting hardware on Ebay . The warn is 400.00 and I know you always get what you pay for. So I guess my question is, does anyone use this winch and is it junk or just a good value? Thanks Chris

·
Registered
262 Posts
Check out the Venoms too. Don't buy anything less than 3000lbs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Read somewhere the 2500 and under had plastic gears, most all brands. I've got the gorilla 3000 and no problems as of yet, used it 4 or 5 times. the mounting was a pain, the gorilla mount plate needs some tweeking to fit rite and you have to rotate the motor 180 degrees so the hot lead does not hit the fender brace. Not a bad price, after all they are ALL disposable eventually!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
My llder 2500 lb Warn has plastic gears. I striped them out once and for 30 bucks I was back in business. I wasn't too happy when I took it apart to find plastic gears, but the replacement was cheap enough not to worry about it for too long.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i have a warn 2.5ci and it got all metal gears in it. great winch no problems always pulls me out and i use it all the time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes, the Warn 2.5ci is a great winch...

aaanma666 might u know where i can find brushes (the little things attached to the motor and has springs on them, im not quite sure if thats what u call them, i heard some people call them that) for it.

Mine are currently damaged and i am not sure where i can get these.

·
Registered
102 Posts
no sorry i don't know, i would check with warn though you could probably call them and find out. the only reason mine was apart was for a good cleaning and greasing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok, thanks.

I have looked on the Warn Website and they didnt have the part i needed, listed in there parts list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.