Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I guess I'll be the odd one here, but I say go with a Ramsey winch. Had one installed on my Bayou 220, and we all know how wimpy it is compared to a Foreman. The amp draw is VERY low, never suffered a dead battery from continuious winching (that's with the ignition on, and the quad not running). Don't get me wrong either though, I've been through some nasty stuff with my Bayou, and that Ramsey never once maxed out. I've ran it for probably 30 minutes one time (with a few 2-3 min. breaks) and the thing barely got warm. It is sealed (or so it says) and it's the only 2,500 rated winch that comes with a LIFETIME GUARENTEE. Just send it back if any problems arise and Ramsey will repair absolutely free of charge. It's a less expensive alternative to the Warn 3,000 and if you ever feel that you'll get into something where you will potentially max it out, just purchase a snatch block, though I've never needed one. The black color of the winch will keep it hidden very well when mounted behind the stock bumper on a Foreman.

Truthfully though, it's all up to you and what you are wanting to spend though. I purchased the Ramsey 2,500, wireless remote model, with included roller fairlead for $269 brand new from C and S sales (though they've sold out now). I reccommend NOT getting the wireless remote model.

Anyways, just my 2 cents, I think it will be more of what you might want, but as I said, it's all up to you and your preferences.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts