Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting the Warn 2500 lb winch for my 04 Foreman. Anyone have one or any thoughts on them? Found some pretty good deals on ebay from some dealers that have stores on there. Thanks alot and this is a neat forum!

·
Registered
24 Posts
buy the 3.0 sealed and all steel gears had 2.5 on my A.C lasted 4months with heavy use stripped spline gear ( plastic ) full of mud rebuilt it put it on my daughters king quad mounted it on the rack replaced with 3.0 on the A.C have had a 3. 0 on my foreman for 2yrs no problems woth the extra money $400. (with remote ) delivered check out this web site www.alvertano .com

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Ditto on the 2500. Its not sealed. If you clean it periodically, and after every ride run it in and out to warm the motor, drying the water it will last a lot longer.
They work good, just require more maintainance. You may want to consider weight and amp draw as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as mounting kits go, do you prefer the mounting kits that mount on with the existing bumper or do you find the aftermarket warn bumpers to be better? Thanks...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I personally like them hidden as much as possible. Ideally you want it as high (out of mud and water) as possible. Look into the multi mount systems. That way you can use it in front and back.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Check Warn's website I think its warnwinches.com or Cycle Country sell the Montana Jack's mutlimount system. I beleive they both use a 1 1/4" reciever front and rear. Then a winch mount with a male 1 1/4" hitch.

My old SP500 had the multi-mount system on it. I don' thave pics where you can see it that well. The bumper would come off with two linch pins and could be moved to the rear, then the winch swithced to the front the same way. It only take seconds to swap out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot man! Guess it is kind of nice also to only put it on when you're going to be getting real nasty! The majority of the places I ride in the evenings I don't have to worry about getting stuck so I guess I could just leave it off for the most part...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I guess I'll be the odd one here, but I say go with a Ramsey winch. Had one installed on my Bayou 220, and we all know how wimpy it is compared to a Foreman. The amp draw is VERY low, never suffered a dead battery from continuious winching (that's with the ignition on, and the quad not running). Don't get me wrong either though, I've been through some nasty stuff with my Bayou, and that Ramsey never once maxed out. I've ran it for probably 30 minutes one time (with a few 2-3 min. breaks) and the thing barely got warm. It is sealed (or so it says) and it's the only 2,500 rated winch that comes with a LIFETIME GUARENTEE. Just send it back if any problems arise and Ramsey will repair absolutely free of charge. It's a less expensive alternative to the Warn 3,000 and if you ever feel that you'll get into something where you will potentially max it out, just purchase a snatch block, though I've never needed one. The black color of the winch will keep it hidden very well when mounted behind the stock bumper on a Foreman.

Truthfully though, it's all up to you and what you are wanting to spend though. I purchased the Ramsey 2,500, wireless remote model, with included roller fairlead for $269 brand new from C and S sales (though they've sold out now). I reccommend NOT getting the wireless remote model.

Anyways, just my 2 cents, I think it will be more of what you might want, but as I said, it's all up to you and your preferences.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts