Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to insall my winch and i cant get it to work with the switch hooked to the breaker but if i hook the winch staight to the battery i get i to work.... could i just use one wire form the winch to the battery and put a toggle switch in the middle? i only need it to reel in right? but im sure that little breaker does something but i cant get it to work with it.... the brand is gorilla and i bought it off ebay....please help

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hmmmm so your going to try and not use a cylinoid, dosent sound like a good idea. Your going to need a pretty heavy duty toggle switch to handle that. That little "breaker" thing really needs to be used when hookin a winch up. Iv never heard of a gorilla winch so im not sure about the quality. Not to say its bad but iv learned you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Winch Mounting

Iput a gorrila winch on my 2006 500FE if a warn mount is used the negitive side of the winch touches the right headlight support and will prevent the winch from spooling out but not in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it to work the instructions sucked but i hooked the switch up wrong. But i got it working but ill let u guys know how this gorilla works!!!But with these new 589's i dont get stuck much... what a difference from stock...thanks for all the help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.