Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a super nice Recon for the wife 2 weeks ago. There are a few trails we ride that are pretty treacherous and the Recon being so narrow and low has a tough time on them.

I just put 2.5" spacers all around and now it looks like a racing quad and handles a lot better in the tricky stuff.

My OEM 24" Rancher tires and rims will go on tomorrow, so that will give her a solid 1" of lift as well.

I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
936 Posts
kool we have a 04 recon. it will follow my foreman and my dads rubicon anywere.. if the rider is a good one.. but we went to band lands to ride in acitta in. and we but some 24 mudlites on the back it was great in the mud..

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
My wife also rides a Recon.I'm really suprised when I see what that thing will go through.I'm looking at getting her a 400at or Suzuki Eiger and leting my son ride the Recon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's a fun little quad to scoot around on. Very light and nimble. The only drawback is that it beats you up a bit when going fast since it's so light - it doesn't soak up the bumps too well.

Is it just me, or is the Recon cold-blooded? It takes a solid 20 minutes for it to idle on its own without the choke on.

·
Registered
936 Posts
the recons arnt the cold blooded.. are recon might get started once ever 2 months.. and starts right up with choke... but u have to let it idle for like 5mins

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.