Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, I'm planning on buying another ATV this fall. I chose the Foreman ES as the best of both worlds (between manual tranny and auto) and still fairly simple and reliable. If I stay with Honda (debating on a 2up machine..AC TRV or Bomb MAX), I will probably up grade to the Rubi or the Rinny.

This Foreman I'm picking up tomorrow will most likely be my son's and he thinks only real men change gears! Didn't get that from me!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Why would you choose a Rubicon over a Foreman?

i like banging gears. but i also treat my bike like a submarine so the less electrical the better

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
For me it was the price of the es was a lot less than the rubi, amount of oil you would have to buy when changing it, and for the fact of less to go wrong with it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Strictly price difference and have no problems with the es shifter as is almost as good as an automatic.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I won't i love my Rubi because i have the shifting gears wheni want them in the mud and the auto for just ridin around. that plus i like my hydro tranny my Es shifters 10xs smoother then my buddys 450 es. RUBI all the way

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Your buddys es needs the clutch adjusted. I had mine adjusted and it shifts like butter now. You cant even tell its shifting now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got a Foreman over the Rubi for two main reasons 1. Cheaper purchase price. 2. Rubi is liquid cooled and I play in mud 95% of the time in East Texas and didnt want to stop and clean the radiator out all the time to keep it from overheating. The simplier the design is the less parts to fail and cost me my hard earned cash!

·
Registered
75 Posts
K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid. i'm usually the stupid. i ride about a zillion miles from nowhere in the desert. thats not the place to have a problem with water pumps radiators hoses etc. also, the manual shift is bullet proof.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Mainly,because the Foreman S was cheaper,But I believe the simpler something is the better.Less electronics,manual shift transmission=fewer problems.I just wist the Foreman had the 499cc engine.My friend has a 2003 Rubicon and he can pass me on my 2006 Foreman.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.