Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what tires is good for trail riding and mudding but dont wear to bad on roads and comes in 27 or 28 tall

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which one is liter oh yeah i failed to mention which one wont beat me to death when i ride on the roads

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any genral idel how heavy they are

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
my friend has swamplites on his rancher and he rides on roads and they are already wearing. he proubly had them for 8 months. every one is worried about weight of tires so the companys are making lighter rubber compounds and that is why so many tires are wearing bad. i started on 589's when i started mudding and they wore good and they also did good on trails, they are not too light but maby you could look into them. there is a tire called executioners that also wear good but they weigh close to 30# is 27". hope this helps some.
-Aaron

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had some 27" executioners on my old sportsman, they were a great tire for the mud I have around here. But like mad mudder said they were very heavy and they also measured short. They didnt seem to ride bad on hard pack but I found they wanted to wander a little more than I liked.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was thinking about 589s to since im planing on ITP type-5 wheels i looked taht the swamplites and the tread designe looks killer but everyone seems to like 589s so i think that is what i will get

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
My gators are HEAVY! The back tires are like 33 pounds each.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dam thats heavy i think im going to go with 589s front 27x9x12 and rear 27x11x12 there is alot of people taht like them

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
QUOTE ("JWJR":35jixzru)
dam thats heavy i think im going to go with 589s front 27x9x12 and rear 27x11x12 there is alot of people taht like them

ive got a set of claws they do great in mud and trail. on the road they are a little shakey but seem to wear ok.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im hoping 589s wont shuek any and i didnt even know geust could post any

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.