Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI was wondering which is better to purchase first...

Winch...nice to drive alone but always going with buddies. they have winches themselves.

Tire Kit...nice to have a 26 inch set of mudlite. Am thinking of buying stock rims off the foreman in order to get 12 inch rear to get the 26 inch mudlite. tired of running over rocks bashing the bike

your opinion plse

thanks

Brian

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I think you answered your own question. If everyone on your group has one don't sweat getting one right a way. Go for the tires and wheels, so you don't bang up your bike.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
rims and tires all the way

·
Registered
61 Posts
On my 2003 rancher I had put on the winch first. But it put alot of weight on the front plus I had a warn bumper on it. This time around I have yet to buy a winch. I don't think I will ever put a winch on. I do just fine with my 26" Mudzilla's.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Tires and Rims. They give you more ground clearance so you will not tear up your bike and gives you more grip on the terrain.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tires, rims, and a lift will set it off. Black wheels with 27" outlaws

·
Registered
25 Posts
get tires and rims. if you get a good enough set of tires and rims you wont need a winch.IMO And tires work all the time unlike winches.(unless you get a flat) tires and rims all the way. IMO

·
Registered
785 Posts
If you never ride alone then go with the tires but the first time you ride alone and get stuck, you'll wish you had a winch. I bought the winch first and was glad i did, saved my butt more than once.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Honestly, how much does a winch weigh it down. Can you tell it is there?

·
Registered
424 Posts
First thing I put on my Foreman was a winch, I have used it 3 times since I have had it on. I can't tell any weight difference with it being there. Next thing I plan on getting is tires.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
if you put on better tires you wouldnt need the winch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts