Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which laws do yall think i should for my foreman with the mods in the sig and im fixin to get a clutch kit. im either gonna get the 28x9.5 or the 29.5x10. whats yall opinions, ideas, suggestions, comments, or whatever else u wanna say..lol thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just bought 28/10.5's and 28/12.5's for mine and they didnt rob too much power. It would turn 29.5's but I think you would be happier with 28's. 28's rub a little on fender brackets when the wheel is turned sharp and suspension is loaded so relocaters is a good idea. I had to trim about 1/2 inch off rear fender for the back to fit ok. I dont have a good picture right now but will post one later. This is all I got right now.

[/img]

·
Registered
24 Posts
if you dont want to lose most of your power when in the thick mud i'd go with the 10's in back and 9.5 in front. The only problem is the 10's or about 1/2 shorter than the 9.5. I had 12's on the back of mine lost to much power so i when with 10's in back now i can turn them over in anything i want to. i dont even have a clutch kit yet(waiting to get installed)

·
Registered
70 Posts
i suggest putting 28's-10 wide all around. works very good. with clutch kit you can spin 29.5 but in thick sloppy nasty mud they get kinda slow. oh and speakin of slow 35mps is about all you can handle. at 40 i couldnt hold on. and make sure you put light wheels on them to help on over-all weight. thats my suggestion!

·
Registered
43 Posts
i just put 28x9.5 on the front and 28x10.5 on rear, and i love them , when me and my buddies ride they see me hitting every mudhole we come across, they call it stupidity, i call it total confidence

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
29.5's or why bother

seriously, they are the best mud tires period. They have a different tread design than any other outlaw. You can pretty much go anywhere in 2wd and you will want to but dont! That is what will snap your u-joint and bend your output shaft. You have to use some self restraint and always use 4wd to take pressure off of the u-joint.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
deadmullet, how does ur foreman spin those 29.5's in the thick stuff? what kinda mods do u have on it? i think im borrowin a set of 29.5s this weekend, 10s on front and 12s on back. ill see how i like them then.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Have you installed the new, bigger output shaft Honda issues? When my shaft broke, I compared it to the old one and it was a huge difference in size.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
you will have issues with the 12's in hte back. plus i like the 10's all the way around as it keeps me ALOT cleaner because the tires stay inside the fenders

I have pretty much all the bolt on mods, HMF,jetkit,k&n,clutchkit

and it turns them allright, i can think of a few times where its been too thick to turn the tires but its the price you pay, i like to think that if i cant spin them so i probably shouldnt be there in the 1st place. If your running through peanut butter dont expect anything to make it that far.

but mostly down here all hte mud is pretty watery,

the greatest thing about these tires is they work better going backwards than forwards, with enough time and energy i cant really think of anytime i got down into a hole and wasnt at least able to back out of it.

another con is if you trail ride, these are not for you. I can go about 18-20 mph before these things start getting squirly going from side to side of course we have ALOT of sugar sand down here and they constantly kick up about a 3-4ft rooster tail in the process also so expect to be the last person in line while riding

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
QUOTE ("Unstuckable":3if9j22g)
Have you installed the new, bigger output shaft Honda issues? When my shaft broke, I compared it to the old one and it was a huge difference in size.
really, no i just re-bent mine to straighten it back out while it was still attached to the motor and believe it or not it works great, there are about a dozen bikes down here fixed that way

·
Registered
38 Posts
What do u think about the mud bitchs I have the same tires 2. I was thinking about selling my tires and getting some 27 outlaws but I am worry about the ride. I just dont see how the ride can get any worst these mud bitchs ride like crap and do not do that good in the mud. All my friend have mudlight and they go just as fare as I do

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i like my tires. i just want something different, bigger and i want skinnys all the way around. i have friends that have mudlites and 589 on the same exact bike (even same color) and they couldnt go through what i could. well at least not as easy if they did make it. i really dont think the ride is that bad either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.