Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 995 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I finally got new bolt cutters and cut the chain on the gat headed up Caramel Canyon and put one of my own locks
in place of the link I cut out.
This canyon is only about a mile from my door step and I have never been up it.

Not too far up the canyon I stopped to check out this old adit.

And I stopped to check out this old miner's cabin. Something about these old buildings just fascinate me.B)

And this was as far as I could get today. :(

I'm going to see if my friend wants to come up here tomorrow. We should
have clear blue skies with a temp near 33. :)
He had a big bore with better tires so I’m hoping he'll come and cut the trail for me. :lol:

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
You've got guts traveling that terrain by yourself. Is there cell reception? Love that cabin shot.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TXTee, the cabin shot is one of my favorites from the day too.

I doubt that there is cell service up this canyon because we don't have cell coverage at the resort and I seldom carry my cell phone. We tell our guest that we charge extra for their phones not working. :lol:

I know the unexpected can always happen but I try to be as cautious as I can and really don't take too many "chances". When the going started to get rough I quit and won't go back up there until someone else goes with me, Doug said he should be able to go Friday. :yahoo

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
That's why we're organizing a group of us from TX to trailer out to UT and give Rubi some company. Just wait for the snow to thaw and our summer to scorch......see ya soon! So far, me and another guy are offering up our trucks as the haulers and the other fella has two 16' trailers. Hoping we can really organize a ride date that works for everyone.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's why we're organizing a group of us from TX to trailer out to UT and give Rubi some company.
:) :)

Remington - it was relaxing.

It really wasn't as bad as it looks and I really was never in and danger. ;) It was a short and awesome little ride.

I would always prefer to have company but if I always had to wait for someone to ride with I'd hardly ever get to go.
It's tough finding people who want to ride when it's only 15 regrees. ;)

My riding buddy told me he was going to try and put at least 1000 miles on his new ATV this year, I put over 3000 on mine last year. :lol:

I am an ATVaholic and love it. :)

·
Premium Member
7,993 Posts
:) :)

Remington - it was relaxing.

It really wasn't as bad as it looks and I really was never in and danger. ;) It was a short and awesome little ride.

I would always prefer to have company but if I always had to wait for someone to ride with I'd hardly ever get to go.
It's tough finding people who want to ride when it's only 15 regrees. ;)

My riding buddy told me he was going to try and put at least 1000 miles on his new ATV this year, I put over 3000 on mine last year. :lol:

I am an ATVaholic and love it. :)
Scooby dooby doo LMAO!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice pictures. amazing whats is in are own back yards
thanks for posting..

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice pictures. amazing whats is in are own back yards
thanks for posting..

This area is gated and the gate is what has kept me from ever going up there. I was talking with one of the resort owners a while and he told me to ride up that canyon and I told him I couldn't because it was gated off so he told me to ride around the gate. When I told him that wasn't possible he told me to cut a link out of the chain and put my own lock in place of the link.

I asked who's property it was and he said some of it is BLM and some is National Forest. Owners of the mining claims put up the gate to protect their mines and the resort owners have mining claims on the other side of the gate too and the gate is actually on their property.

I just wish I would have known that before it snowed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am sitting in my office right now and looking at your pics again makes me relax! Every time im on my ATV i am relaxed and looking at the fresh snow and the scenery. Man i wish i was close to you so we could hit the trails!

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, I know we'd have a great time.

Riding for me is therapy, it just doesn't get any better.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the center pic, fire damage covered in white. :)

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ranch's Photos are always Post card quality, I'm trying to talk him into publishing a book of photos or a calendar so more folks can enjoy them too!

I know I would buy one!

Thanks Glide. I actually did a 2011 calender. I had 2 printed and gave one to one of the owners and and the other one to the guy who is resotring and suppling the cabooses for us. I did all 12 pics of the caboose, RR stuff and our bridge. I thought they turned out pretty nice. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Thanks Glide. I actually did a 2011 calender. I had 2 printed and gave one to one of the owners and and the other one to the guy who is resotring and suppling the cabooses for us. I did all 12 pics of the caboose, RR stuff and our bridge. I thought they turned out pretty nice. ;)
aww man! I miss all the cool stuff!:lol:

oh well maybe next year you can make 3...LOL

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
1 - 20 of 995 Posts