Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when is honda going to bring out the big boy thats right a 800 or something bigger than the rincon with a better tranny though like the rubicon, then it can open a can of wope ass on those worthless yams, kayis, and suzikis,oh ya and polaris, and the rest of the pack.
they trully have fallen behind, like with the sports bike, were is there compition for the raptor were is there repectible trail bike because the 400ex and 300ex are ancient history. they need to replace these models and come out with something biger and better , you cant use the 450r for everything. Oh and were the **** is Hondas Side by side atv, you know like the rhino or the polaris what you call it or even the mule, when is honda going to bring game to the table, im waiting and im still waiting i just cant wait until they bring out a side by side then i can buy it for my dad.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think the only reason that all the other brands are making such big bores is because it takes that much more to haul around america's GIANT butts. Think of it, they are making plane seats bigger, movie seats bigger, and even have double wide lawnchairs + umbrellas.

Now Honda (Made by Japenese) doesnt need to make a bigger ATV. They are all so small that a 500cc machine is like a rocket when one of them are on it. No need for the big bores.

Now let me say I really have no clue as to what im talking about just trying to make small talk.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
problem is, then they cost more. Right now at Southern Honda you can get a brand new Foreman 4x4 for $4700 out the door. Hard to beat the bang for the buck deal you get with a Honda. Even if they are underpowered, they keep up pretty well.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don't know if your talking about mudding or not but I'll give'er a go. Honda doesn't cater to the mud market, they build machines for the trail and for reliability. You've owned Honda's for 15 years so you know what i'm talking about, i've owned them for 13 years and i'll never own another brand. Mudders are such a small market when you compare them too the trail riding crowd and it would not be cost effective to build a machine for just mudding. I'm sure Honda will eventually build an 800 but who knows when, they have the 700 Rincon now and i'm sure their probably pretty happy with it as are most of the people that have bought them. The other manufacturers might build better mudding machines but are they as reliable as a Honda? No way, they are always breaking something and then complain that Honda won't step up to the plate and build a mudding machine. Can't say that i blame them for not giving in to the mudders.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
That's a good point you have there.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well it seems that all the guys I ride with give Honda **** for being out dated. But when they are stuck they call for my Honda to get them out. When they brake down they call for my Honda to two them back. It just seems you can't stop a Honda.

·
Registered
134 Posts
well i wish they would just make ways to make them more comfortable; especially if they are leaning more towards building them for "trail" riding.
anyone upgrade their seat or suspension to make for a smoother ride like the polaris? my best friend has a 800 sportsman with 2" lift and 29.5 outlaws, and that thing not only is a BEAST, but smoother riding than my F150

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am sorry to rain on your parade, but Honda does not make trail machines. The make sport and utility machines. They are not great mudders or great speed machines. They are meant to be very reliable machines that can do everything. They might not be the best at anything, they are just good over all machines. I have owned Hondas since 1982 and have never had a single engine fail. I have never been left on a trail because of the machine breaking, there have been a few times I did not pay attention to fuel. Honda is the best made machine out there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 450 and I've rode with others that have had the big bores and they might could outrun me on the open road, but my belt doesn't get wet when I jump in the creek. I have drowned mine and cranked it up while still under water and kept it running to get it out of the water. I don't care much for the big power. I love the reliability of my honda.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
AMEN!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
AkATVHunter hit the nail on the head. honda is making good reliable 4wheelers that are NOT set up for mud. other companys are going all out with the big bores that are good mudders and gess what they fall apart. now im not saying all other brands are not reliable im just saying that most of them are.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rubi lover also mentioned side by side atv's I just cheecked out the new dirt wheels and honda has one with the v-6 goldwing engine in it. hows that for power!!!

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
You've got to be kiddin'. Where can i see this atv at?

·
Registered
785 Posts
He's kidding Railroader, Honda does not have a side by side like the Mule or Rhino, but it would be interesting to see thier version of one.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I'm such a push over. I'll believe just about anything.

·
Registered
389 Posts
hahaha............Honda i dont think will ever step it beacuse they do not have to. They sell so many atvs now why change? I wish they woul add locker and irs to the rubi and foreman. I will def buy a foreman with irs and locker.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I saw it on the cover of the new dirt wheels, I think it is a prototype, I did see it though!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("TEXAS MUDSLINGER":280ysqwi)
I saw it on the cover of the new dirt wheels, I think it is a prototype, I did see it though!
Thats there anuaul April fools joke. The idea is good though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Darn, that would be awsome though!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Photoshop is a lovely thing! I seen the Honda "Hippo" on it also, it is said to be in the works but more like the Rhino=Grizzly drivetrain it will likely be a whatever=Rincon set up. But the one the Photoshopped on there is wicked looking and crammed a Goldwing 1800 in it!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts