Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2001 honda 450 foreman es 4x4. my rear wheel has 12 x 7 and the front wheel has 12 x 6 the rear tires are 25x12x10 and the front has 25 x 12 x 8 are these the right tires for this atv or what size should i have and actually im getting ready to get a new set of rims what size do i need please??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im just trying to figure out what size rims i need to get to go with the tires i already have

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
you need 12 inch wheels the last number on the tire is the wheel size so 25/10/12 the 12 is the wheel size also make sure you get the correct wheel offsets i believe its a 5+2 rear and 2+5 front

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand 12 is the size. What I'm trying to make sure is that my rims ar correct. The rear rim says 12x7 and my tire is ITP 25 x 12 x 10, and the front rim says 12x6 and the tire on it is ITP 25x 12x 8 ARE THESE THE CORRECT RIMS?? Sorry guys

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have an 02 450 and that's the same rims I have on my machine and I'm positive they are original.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Yes the oem rims have the size stamped into the steel and I remember the fronts are narrower than the back but cant remember the exact size, I thought there was a .5 in there somewhere. My aftermarkets are 7" wide front and back like most are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 2001 Honda Foreman TRX 450 ES. The guy I got it from put Vampire Super Swampers on. The rears are good, the front need to be replaced. I'd like to replace the front 2 now and the rear at a later date (once they have worn out). Can I go to a less aggressive tire for the fronts? The current tires are 26s all around. I presume I should stick with something in the 26 size? Any suggestions on a decent tire that won't break the bank?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
You need the same diameter (26) tires on the front that you have on the back.

You can run less aggressive tires on the front as long as the size is the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts