Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on wheel spacers? I would like to widen the stance of my '08 Foreman to give me a bit more stability when moving over deeply rutted trails. At almost 300# I am not the lightest person in the world. I occasionally ride double with the mrs. So, add another XXX # of user weight. Would spacers cause an issue with the axles or anything? I know it would change the geometry of the suspension.

I would not go much wider than 3 inches. Tires are stock, for now. I am considering a set of Big Horns, moving up in both height and width. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
93 Posts
i have had "1 1/2 wheels spacers on my foreman 450 for 2 years now and i havent broken anything due to the more stress on the ball joints and wheel bearing .. you may get alittle more muddy with the tires sticking out but to me if i dont come back all muddy im not riding hard enough

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree that it adds more stress but I wouldn't think it was a problem either unless you treat your atv like an airplane.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of spacers do you have or would recommend, aluminum or urathane?

·
Registered
885 Posts
wheel spacers will change the geometry and significantly accelerate wear on bearings and steering components. the wider the spacer the bigger the problem its going to be.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What are your thoughts on wheel spacers? I would like to widen the stance of my '08 Foreman to give me a bit more stability when moving over deeply rutted trails. At almost 300# I am not the lightest person in the world. I occasionally ride double with the mrs. So, add another XXX # of user weight. Would spacers cause an issue with the axles or anything? I know it would change the geometry of the suspension.

I would not go much wider than 3 inches. Tires are stock, for now. I am considering a set of Big Horns, moving up in both height and width. Any thoughts?
If wheel spacers are needed, I recommend the BONOSS wheel spacers, they are AWESOME.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts