Honda Foreman Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thank guys,they are just a bad a#$ looking bike when lifted with 27 or 28s.First time I saw one i knew that it was over with the 450s for me.I have owned 3 foremans from the present 450 to a 400 back in 2000.My main concern is to be able to use my tires i have now and to be able to spin them when loaded up in the thick,gumbo down here.I will eventaully snorkel,jet,kn,and put exhaust on it down the line(more low end torque)to help out....................

·
Registered
116 Posts
26" Mud Bugs on my Wee 350 Rancher

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm running the witches and they are an awesome all around tire that is cheap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm running 25-10-12 bearclaws on the front and 25-10-11 rear on my 350 rancher. OEM stock was 24-8-12 and 24-9-11. little engines don't like too much power loss, so I kept them narrow and only 1 inch taller. Quite happy with it now.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i know how to get around that power loss. I put 26 on my dads rancher vampire asx's but they measure 27, all you need is a f&n and a hmf now has all the power.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("scooter350":q3ycpdsu)
I'm running 25-10-12 bearclaws on the front and 25-10-11 rear on my 350 rancher. OEM stock was 24-8-12 and 24-9-11. little engines don't like too much power loss, so I kept them narrow and only 1 inch taller. Quite happy with it now.
Those 350 ranchers are geared real low. You should no thave a problem up to 26s. I would not bigger w/o at least a pipe, jets, filter, and probably even a clutch. If you stay w. a fairly mild tire like a 589, mudbug or the bear claws you have now you'll be fine. Its just tuff to find a good variety of tiress for an 11" wheel.

·
Registered
275 Posts
A friend I met out riding had a older rancher 350(orange),all he had was a lift kit and a IDS-X pipe with the 26" Bi Claws all around and he use to impress alot of people of were he could go.The BI Claws are available in the older Honda rims...Ranchers are a great 4x4 bike when set up right...

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
LOOKS GOOD

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Snow still on the ground there. It was 90+ degrees this past weekend here.

The bike looks sharp.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I did notice that also but i didnt want to rub it in

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
QUOTE ("truegrit":1v0kf3ef)

The bike looks sharp.
When was it 90degrees?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The snow is almost gone here. The trails were covered in snow all winter, which makes for some fun riding. I really would like to try some of that muddin though. Today with all the melting snow and rainfalls I got my feet wet.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("Rubicon3303":16pw5m5n)
QUOTE ("truegrit":16pw5m5n)

The bike looks sharp.
When was it 90degrees?[/quote]

The thermometer in my wifes car was reading 90-92, Friday, Sat, and Sunday. Its generally pretty accurate, at least within a degree or two.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i dont remember it being that hot but ok

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
yeah my truck read real close to that as well.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Same here, I didn't believe my truck so I checked my brothers and it said the same thing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nice bike,I like the black rims,are the the alum ITP.Yeah last week was in the 90s here to.I just got back from Tampa this evening for the last 2 days.The weather there is great all day,makes me want to move!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah the rims are the black alum rims. I wanted to go as light as i could. I really haven't noticed any power loss. Just a little more mud slinging.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like the bike,Im really thinking about selling mine to buy one.The main question I have is the diff in power between the older 450 against the 500 ES in stock form.Have you rode both bikes to give me like a percentage rating between both.The Honda shops are poss overrating them down south to get a sale.Id just be upset if I sold my 450 with my investments and time and there wasnt that much diff,specially when it has not one problem with it.If you can give me your opinoin that would be great!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts