Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help,with a good size tire for stock rims,i dont like the look of the two different size tires on my 06 500s.... i do alot of trailer rideing in sand and packed stuff,also sometimes a good bit of street riding when we have to go from trail to trail..please give me your opinion please..and any pictures to post would be great thanks guys,this is such a awesome site

Hope to hear from you guys

Craig

·
Registered
60 Posts
27x9x12 or 27x10x12 front
27x11x12 or 27x12x12 rear
This is a good tire size for trail riding and getting through a good bit of mud. Also give a littl more ground clearnce and still have a good look. I would goo with the ITP 589, Highlifter MST, or the GATOR they are all very good for a wide range of Ridding.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i've got 27x12x12 all the way around on mine front and back
swamplites that is

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have 26 10 12s on the front and 26 12 12s on the back and they work good for me.

·
Registered
744 Posts
29.5s all the way lol really though any good 26 or 27 inch tire will suit your purposes very well

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
27x12x12 ITP 589's.. Fit great and no rub. Good mid-range tire. Not ALL mud and not ALL trail.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
will 27s work on 05 500 es without lift

·
Registered
471 Posts
QUOTE ("JWJR":1wy7qni2)
will 27s work on 05 500 es without lift
i have 27" all the way around and never any rubbing problems, even when doubling. you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
sounds like im good to go for 27s i been thinking about getting 26s

·
Registered
149 Posts
Get the 27's man! If I had to do it all over again 27's would be the way for me.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Proof is in the pic... Go for it.. You won't be dissapointed..

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
i was haveing a look on high lifter and they gots lift springs and the lift kit aswell and no i wouldnt get that lift cuz of everything i have read about 2" lifts tearing everyting to **** but i was wondering if i went with the high lifter springs and one of thems perfex long travel lifts i would have any problems there and what size tire i could fit with that

·
Registered
151 Posts
mine is 27x9x12 front and 27x12x12 rear mudlights

G

·
itp 27" 589 m/s

i got 27's in the itp 589 m/s and i like em they run well ive noticed they wear considerably when you do alot of pavement riding on them and i havnt quite got the hang of muddin on them yet and tend to dig myself down and bottom out quickly but thats driver error im sure

·
Registered
472 Posts
mine with 27" gators, also gators if you pavement ride alot they eat up bad, i'm trying to find a set of wheels to throw the stockers on so i can save them

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 27 x 10 x 12 all the way around my 05 Rubicon. No Lift kit, no rub. They work great. Feels like a new bike in muddy/swampy situations. It is a Rubicon, but is as close to a Foreman that you will get. My buddy rides an 05 Foreman 500, they look the same. I'm guessing same clearance.

See pics for fit. Could easily use 12" wide on rear, and possibly front too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I WOULD GO WITH 27X9X12 OR 27X11X12 ITP 589's. THIS IS THE BEST ALL AROUND TIRE. VERY GOOD TREAD LIFE ON HARD SURFACES AND GOOD IN THE MUD. I'V HAD 26X12X12 589's ON MY BIKE UNTIL I PUT 28X10.5X12 OUTLAWS ON. I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO RUN ON 589's. THIS IS DIFFENTLY WHAT I WOULD GO WITH. GOOD LUCK...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.