Honda Foreman Forums banner

what size tires?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Z71slinginmud 
#1 ·
How big of a tire can you put on a 680 rincon without lugging it. I know the 3 speed transmission limits it so how big of a tire can you put on it

#3 ·
Hey TD...

I have a buddy with a 680 Rincon. He wants 27s and so I told him he would need a gear reduction.

Can you help me explain a few things to him?

1. How much will this cost?
2. Is this easy to do for the average Joe?
3. Will this cause future problems? He's worried about this.
4. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#5 ·
I would have to look up the parts but I think it was around $250 for everything. Installation isn't bad, just time consuming. It shouldn't cause any future problems, it's all stock parts for the SXS that uses the same motor. If you do a search you should find some how to info on doing it. I think I have a link saved on my home computer from Rincon riders on the instructions and parts needed.

#7 ·
I know someone that runs 30 inch backs and all he has is a hmf. He's ran 29.5 laws and 27 inch mambas too.

#8 ·
i have 2 buddys with rinnys. one is a 680 efi with a power commander and hmf penland pro on 28 inch terminators. Bogs down like **** in thick stuff. his brother has a 650 with a hmf utility series and 28 inch outlaws 2's and it does the same thing. The incons arent made to pull the biggest baddest mud tire that is really heavy. You could run 27's in like zillas or mudlites and have no issues because of how light they are but anykind of extreme mud tires will require some power mods to turn them good

#9 ·
He could spin his 30's and 29.5 until the tread came off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.