Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know what oils to use for diff and engine? What works better, should i use the honda oils? I dont know im confused on what to use, help me out

·
Registered
424 Posts
I use the Honda GN4 10w-40 oil in my engine and the Honda Shaft Drive Hypoid gear Oil, 80w90 in the front and rear diffs. I like using the Honda oils also because IF Honda has any questions on what oil I was using I can tell them I used what THERE manual told me to use.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much does each diff hold? I notice there hyoid gear oil only comes in bottles of 8 oz, and need to know how many to get, thanks i have a an 2004 Foreman S

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have the 05 Foreman 500 and my manual says 2.5 onces in the rear and 6.3 onces in the front diff for a regular oil change. So I would say get 2 bottles and that should be enough. Some of the other members should know for sure.

·
Registered
548 Posts
2 bottles is plenty. I think I use 1 1/2 bottles for my 04 450. I only use the honda gn4 10/40 motor oil and the honda hypoid gear oil just like bexxter said.

·
Registered
162 Posts
one bottle of gear oil is plenty. i use yamalube 20w-40 in mine because i like a little heavier weight oil for my motors. just make sure it is designed for atv or motorcycle engines.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
For the engine oil, i've been usin' Valvoline ATV oil. It is just a tad more
expensive than Honda oil, but i don't want to drive clear across town to
get some atv oil when Autozone is half a mile from my house, if that far.
The Valvoline seems to work great. I actually save money if you figure in
all the gas it would take to get to the Honda shop & back home.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I am with you on that! It takes me 45 minutes to go to my Honda shop. But I usually stock up on oil and filters when I do go so I dont have to make any extra trips.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I get my oilfilters from Turners in Humble, Tx. They are about $2.50 a piece.
I usually get a few of them. The brand is Hi-Flo. They are pretty good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.