Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what oil are you guys using?do you really need to use honda oil?how about amsoil?whats your thoughts on synthetics in these engines?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was told by a Honda tech that I should use Castrol 10w-40, if I didn't want to use the overpriced Honda oil! He also said that the synthetic oil was not good for an ES machines, due to its clutches or something like that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
motor oil

Yeah if u don't use the proper oil, u can enduce clutch slippage. If u can find an alternate oil that is compatable...as long as it has an API classification of SF or SG, u should be ok.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'm using AMSOIL ATV synthetic 0W-40 in all 3 of my Honda's.I really think it helped my wife's Recon ES actually shift better.I was having a problem where it wouldn't upshift cold.With the AMSOIL it's always shifts.I can buy it from my NAPA store.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE ("Yooperforeman":1r3new5q)
I'm using AMSOIL ATV synthetic 0W-40 in all 3 of my Honda's.I really think it helped my wife's Recon ES actually shift better.I was having a problem where it wouldn't upshift cold.With the AMSOIL it's always shifts.I can buy it from my NAPA store.
what is the cost of amsoil????

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The last time I bought it, it was $8.19 per quart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.