Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting new tires for my foreman 500 I want 28in tires.i want a good all around tire cause I mud bog sometimes but trail ride the most. I have a epi comp stall clutch kit and 15.5% gear reduction so let me know ya'lls thoughts

·
Registered
260 Posts
laws!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Silverbacks or outlaws for pure mud like your bike is set up for or you can go with Itp mega mayhems if you want a great mix of mud and trail riding due to the closer lug pattern. I have had good luck with my XTRs also but they don't come in 28s

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sliverbacks are so heavy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Zillas are going to be the lightest all-around tire that you will find. They ride smooth on hard pack and pull pretty well when it gets wet. I am very satisfied with mine.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Since nobody else wants to recommend them then I will. Take a look at the Mudlites, i've got a 26x9x12 set on my Foreman that have been on it for close to 9 years now and they have just under an inch of tread left. They wear quite well and have worked great since the day I bought them. They are not the greatest if you're riding strictly mud but as a good overall tire they are very hard to beat.

The Zillas are suppose to be damned good tires along with the Gators too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking about some 28in zilla but will i have to lift because my 27 clear fine without no lift.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Zillas run about 1/2" - 3/4" short.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Laws or backs

·
Registered
328 Posts
Please don't get Mudlites..no offense to anyone who have them, but from my experience they suck! They are loud and aren't even a good mud tire..I'm always getting stuck!

Take a look at Kenda tires, cheap but good! My dad is running 25" Kenda bear claws and can keep up with the guys in the mud that have mud tires! I'll be going with them once I install my lift!

Reactions: jeepwm69

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 28" backs and they are great in mud, but do bog down some in 4x4 if you don't have a gr... Now on hard pan climbing a hill..not so much

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Bear Claws are one of my favorite tires, the Bugs beat them out though. I did like my Mudlites in the 28's, 26's sucked.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have 26" Mudlights. I don;t think I would buy another set tho. They are rough riding, not very good in the snow, not great in reverse. They are adequate at everything, not great at anything in my opinion.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yall are a bunch of haters...........lol.

Mudlites rock in everything but deep mud, btdt.

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
Yall are a bunch of haters...........lol.

Mudlites rock in everything but deep mud, btdt.
and reverse traction , and wet rocks, they ride like a truck tire and suck azz in any mud deeper then 1in ...............by the way did i eve tell you i hate mudlites ....:rant:rantB)

·
Registered
785 Posts
and reverse traction , and wet rocks, they ride like a truck tire and suck azz in any mud deeper then 1in ...............by the way did i eve tell you i hate mudlites ....:rant:rantB)
Lol..........tell me how you really feel. :lol:

Ride like a truck tire, what atv tire doesn't ride like a truck tire on hard pack or pavement? Try letting some air of them instead of blowing them up like a balloon with 10psi of air.:ph34r:

Anyhow, I stand by my words. The terrain in Alaska is some of the toughest you'll find on the planet and the Lites work well for me up here. :my2cents

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why does everyone say Backs are so heavy. I have a chart showing the weight of each and they are all within a pound of each other. The Laws are actually heavier in the sizes I have been interested in. I love my Backs. Only other tire I will run is gonna be 32 inch Terminators when I get a Rzr.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I like my 589's too, but I do think they run a little heavy, but that is also what makes them a long wearing tire and can take abuse.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts