Honda Foreman Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
if your amp is inside how do you hook your ipod to it.

go ahead and buy a audioformz box. why waste your time building one when you can get one shipped to your door. Sure its a pretty penny and people are tight now with gas so high and everything else, but you dont have to worry about it that much. You can get ipod hook-ups and all that junk with it too. Just look at their boxes at <a href="http://www.audioformz.com/atv.asp" target="_blank">http://www.audioformz.com/atv.asp.</a>. BTW I am a dealer so just yell at me if you want one. I might be able to cut you a deal.

that audioforumz box is a PIECE! its sooo expensive... my buddy has one and it does not mount very nicely.... it looks like something that should go inside a car... (its too shinny for a quad)... the cdplayer skips like a B when riding and the speaker are not too great either. i dunno know if they even use a good brand of speakers or cdplayer

my amp is inside the box and connected to the amp is 12v plug (power)and a jack to connect the iPOD to. they both come out of a very small hole in the center of the tube and have 5 ft of slack inside the tube when you buy it.... you pull out the amount of wire you need and put a little dot of silicone over the hole to seal it up. Josh at balls-deep-atv does an amazing job building these. there is not one thing in the least bit that i am not pleased with. check them out if you would like. balls-deep-atv.com email them with any questions you got and he will take care of you. if you are interested let me know and i'll try to get josh to hook you up a little bit.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
i was thinking about gettong one of those but they are soooo expensive...

my setup costs about $45 compared to $200+ with that balls deep thing...

get me a good deal for about $100 and we will talk

Discussion starter · #26 ·
okay, you seem to not have any faith in my designing/building skills.

i am sure this will work just as good and maybe better than the others...

i will explain to you why i have what i have...

cd player - plays mp3 cds, fm stereo, is an amp for ipod

ipod - playlists that lasts for hours

marine speakers - completely waterproof

the only problem i see in this so far is the speakers failing. they are a good brand i got from ebay...i don't remember what they are b/c i am at work....

but everything will be enclosed in the box. the only thing coming out will be the one 12 volt plug to plug into the foreman.

i will be mounting the cd player using small bungee cords to suspend it in the box, and spraying expanding foam inside the box to give it some insulation from vibration.

It will work, and i will make a video to show you that it works.

my way is the cheapest.

i just don't have time right now to spend on it...maybe tonight. depends....

DO IT! it seems to be cheap... but so is talk. when ur done i'll either give you props or say i told u so.... i hope its not the later or the 2.

who knows, maybe u'll have a kick ass product and start selling it!

Discussion starter · #28 ·
hahaha i doubt it....

i do like the tube thing b/c it is cheap and easy but i have doubts about the sealablity.

what size pipe and fitting do they use? i may go look at that at the hardware store to get an idea of how big they are.

i think its a 6.5in tube. the stability was an issue when i had it tied down with only 2 zipties.... i have 4 on it now and they are steal zipties so its going nowhere! i also looked into making it myself out of PVC pipe but everywhere i called had outrageous pricing on 6.5in PVC and they didnt sell only little pieces, i would have to purchase it in 10ft sections... if you have a hook up with pipe then you could do it... other than that its really expensive. cheaper to buy it

The audioformz box isnt bad you can get it bedlined so its not so easy to scratch or mess up. my dad has the audiformz box and used there mounting kit. He put his own radio in it and hasnt had any problems out of it yet. Ive went over woopty doos and havnt had it skip on me yet. The mounts you get with the box are 3 little rubber bushings and then you just drill a 3 holes in your racks and screw the box down. Its a great setup but a little pricy. The only thing that hes had happen to it so far is it jumped from fm to am whel he landed from about 3 or 4 feet of air. No radio is going to be indestructable, but your ammo box looks like it will work great.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
getting 6.5 " pipe doesn't seem too hard to do...my dad can get it free at work and his neighbor is a plumber.

if you can take me some detailed pics and take some measurements i can prolly make one... and tell you how much it costs and if it is easy to do.

it seems to me that the amp is the part that you can't really find readily available...

i don't want it to sound like i am trying to steal their idea...

i'm not, i had the idea too but never tried it. maybe i can design something a little different but using the same basics....

you had the idea but never tried it... what a LOAD!! lol j/k
yeah if u can get the pipe i say do it
i tried to make it myself and had a **** of a time finding an amp.
the one in mine is 100x2. i searched on ebay and couldnt find anything worth a dime... good luck here is a pic there really isnt much more detail i can give you from a pic.
go to balls-deep-atv.com and look on there, josh has several pics

Discussion starter · #33 ·
hey selah, wouldn't this be cool...

making a box like yours with this...

http://www.clearpvcpipe.com/

then you could trick it out and put led's or neon in that sucker.

or put a small stereo and use the remote through the tube...

hahaha

Discussion starter · #34 ·
how are the speakers mounted?

that clear pvc is expensive.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
extremely.

but you have to admit...that would be cool as ****.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.