Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need a little help. I have a 2009 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 ES. I am running 26" Interco Radial reptiles on it. I am curious about what the PSI should be. I have just noticed it pulling hard to the left when I am driving it. When i put my tire gauge that come with the four wheeler (which only reads up to 5 psi) it shoots well over 5 psi. Other than it pulling to the left, when it is parked and I stand in front of it looking at it with the handle bars straight sometimes the right tire is toed out but then other times the left tire is toed out. I called the Honda dealership and they said that it is normal and they come from the factory like that. I am more curious about the pulling motion and the tire psi? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jake.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There should be a placard on the atv with the proper tire pressure. Over inflation is bad, can be hazardous to control. On my Rincon I notice even a 1/2 lbs difference will affect the steering such as a pull to one side or the other.

As for the front tires being toed out, that is the way there are supposed to be for proper steering control.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Hey guys I need a little help. I have a 2009 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 ES. I am running 26" Interco Radial reptiles on it. I am curious about what the PSI should be. I have just noticed it pulling hard to the left when I am driving it. When i put my tire gauge that come with the four wheeler (which only reads up to 5 psi) it shoots well over 5 psi. Other than it pulling to the left, when it is parked and I stand in front of it looking at it with the handle bars straight sometimes the right tire is toed out but then other times the left tire is toed out. I called the Honda dealership and they said that it is normal and they come from the factory like that. I am more curious about the pulling motion and the tire psi? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jake.
the tire gauge that came with you Foreman is CRAP, I know I got a 09 also, you can but a cheap one at wally world for under $5, as far as air pressure try 4.5-5LB's of air and if nothing else it will give a smoother ride, but air pressure all depends on how/where you ride....some sware by more some less.....!!

BTW: stock tires the air pressure is 3.6lbs, I know this because I read a LOT & I won a bet for a Buck from a friend back in the winter....I still got his Dollar too and rag him whenever possible! B)

Hope it helps
Glide

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
:welcomebosoxnation00:cheers

I'd agree with getting a better gauge and I'd also consider
a small pump ;)

I bought a small compressor and a electronic gauge made
by Slime from Rocky Mountain the whole deal was like $25.00 and work great for me as I change my psi quite often because of the area's I ride, Mountains with elevations to 10,000 ft boulder infested dried up wash's and rivers not to mention the desert flats B)

Also consider playing around with the psi until you find your
happy place for 90% of your riding style:D

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
:welcomebosoxnation00:cheers

I'd agree with getting a better gauge and I'd also consider
a small pump ;)

I bought a small compressor and a electronic gauge made
by Slime from Rocky Mountain the whole deal was like $25.00 and work great for me as I change my psi quite often because of the area's I ride, Mountains with elevations to 10,000 ft boulder infested dried up wash's and rivers not to mention the desert flats B)

Also consider playing around with the psi until you find your
happy place for 90% of your riding style:D
DH, from just viewing your pics, I would love to load myself & Lisa up for a few weeks riding, almost all of your photos are breath taking! I bet its a blast to ride out their! B)

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
+1 on Deserthawks trails!! His pics are awesome and I wouldnt mine running over an Illegal or 2 anyway! lol

I run my cheapo Duro Excavators at 5lbs psi and for being a 4ply luggy type tire they ride pretty well. And im 230 lbs

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I forgot to mention that many bikes ago I bought a fairly expensive ATV tire gauge for 17 bux at a local cycle shop that at the time I thought it was some cheapy Autozone looking thing and was like WTF?
Nowadays it is the easiest gauge in my box to find amongst all the cheapeez because it is actually stainless steel and a very nice piece to have.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
I would like to find a "good" low pressure one that was Not 6" long, even a long one would be cool IF I could find one I didn't have to buy Via the internet.....I like to check out tools before I buy them!

·
Registered
60 Posts
i run 2.5 in my rears and 3 psi in the front i have never had a problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts