Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my buddy at 5a roll down one of the cliffs and his for wheeler getting stopped by two palm trees. He was fine and so was the 4 wheeler

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, once we got stuck, (my dad and I), both had 2wd quads, and couldn't make it up a hill. He tried it and flipped but he was alright, just a cut eyebrow.

Once I was riding alone on the Bayou and was going through my favorite mudhole when I got stuck coming out of it and the front end started to slide to my right and I was able to stop it just before it went off the bank back into the mudhole (i.e. it would've flipped over). So then I was stuck and my exhaust went under water and the thing died on me! (I was alone don't forget.) I do not know how I did it, but somehow I was able to get off the quad, reel the winch out, hook up, and winch the thing out of there without it ever turning over.

Never ride alone without a winch!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The craziest/hurtingest thing that's ever happened to me, well, probably happened last night.

My Foreman is in the shop, right? Well, everyone was going riding, and I decided to use my friend's 1985 Honda 185S (3-wheeler, for those who don't know). The rule for this thing is: "If you can get it started, you can ride it." Of course, I'm good like that, so I got that mofo up and running.

It has no brakes, nor shocks.

Going down a hill, and it was raining. My foot slipped off the footpeg and got ran over by the tire, and my foot ended up under the rear axle. No brakes, so I ended up riding like this for about 50-100 yards...felt like 10 miles. I had waders on, the thick canvas kind, and it ripped a hole in those.

I ended up being really sore in that leg, and having a spot on my leg about 2" x 4" shaved of skin and hair...it must have gotten to nerves or something because I don't feel a thing...felt good enough to play my basketball game tonight.

Ended up riding for about another hour and a half...with a little bit of pain of course. That thing was the devil on trails with no shocks.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I had just gotten my Foreman when my buddy & I were ridin' some local trails. There was this steep hill about 10 ft. tall with two trees on the top. There was just enough room between the trees to get an atv through. There were roots just before you get to the top of the hill. My right front wheel cought one of the roots & the Foreman flipped backwards. I fell off and hit the ground just in time to see it falling right towards me. But like a guardian angel, my buddy somehow managed to jump off of my wifes atv run over to me & catch it just before it landed on me. I was layin' in the fetal position just waitin' for it to land on me. All I hear is my buddies low voice (he is holdin' my Honda just a few inches from my head) help me get this thing up. Talk about lucky. That could have been the end of my life right then & there. Now when I come up on a steep hill whether it be incline or decline, if I have to think twice about it, I do not do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts