Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if Honda made the old 450's still and the new 500's which one would you buy and why?

·
Registered
98 Posts
the 500 because it seems to have a smoother ride than the 450 and because it doesn't feel as small as the 450 it feels much larger and there is a noticable (spell) difference when you switch the headlight from lo to hi when on the 450 i can not notice a difference

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I've never driven the 450 but I heard that the 450 is geared lower and is better for pulling.I'm happy with my 500 though,It's pulled things that surprised me.I'm not really impressed with way it rides but I didn't buy it for the ride quality.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE ("Yooperforeman":3ct3npj7)
I heard that the 450 is geared lower and is better for pulling.
That's what I thought after riding one saturday.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i like being able to switch in and out of 4x4 on my 500 from factory

·
Registered
472 Posts
i'd like a true 500 motor with 450 tranny

·
Registered
7 Posts
First time posting! freakin tractors indeed, i have the 450 es and we tow some heavy loads with it, lol once we were helpin a friend move this old 600-700LBS electric golf cart, that had all 4 wheels flat and seized up, up hill, on gravel, with no assisstence. If I were to buy another honda, it would be the 500ES, i think. maybe another 450....
Honda kicks A$$.

RR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.