Honda Foreman Forums banner

What have you broke on your 500?

10K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  jrb007 
#1 ·
I just got finished replacing the front bearings(650 miles), 2 lower ball joints(busted boots)..and an Inner boot on the axle(busted). Due to the lift kit, the snap ring had sorta welded itself inside the inner cup...so that problem had to be addresed. I was just wondering what all you guys have broke or replaced on your 500...!!

#4 ·
QUOTE ("DirtKurt":153m4yah)
front brakes, front bearings, and rear brake drum seal. Also replacing the front subframe since some stupid tree jumped in front of me.
Bet that hurt! LOL

#5 ·
ok

ok this is what i can remmber at the time i might think of something later, wore out a set of 28" laws, broke front axle, 2 axle boots, 4 ball joints, new bearings, back left liftkit, 2 yokes, rear diff, rear drum seal, piston, crank, 1st gear in trans, and a gear shifter. also 2 sets of front breaks.

THAT ALL

THIS THING KEEPS ME BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
Wow, many of the items are same with different machines. Don't sound good. I don't ride mine heavy and very little water, guess that it a lot of contributing facter. Ball joints? brakes? bearings? Wow. Not many things cause ball joints to go out other than lack of lubrication. At least that is what I can think. Maybe lift kits can contribute? Does not make me warm and fuzzy with Honda with all these things going wrong. Do not ride mine much (mostly hunting) but want mine to be ready ever time I need it to get me to my destination. Ride a little recreation, but pretty much just trail riding. Other than a tree jumping out in front of me also, absolutely no damage to the Honda but my body, another story. Honda's slogan is true, STUPID HURTS. That tree jumped out very quickly.

#8 ·
Dastag you have to keep in mind that many of the problems that are recurring such as wheel bearings and ball joints happen mainly because most of us spend 50% or more of our time in mud and water, and even with that my bearings and brakes still lasted around 1000 miles.

#9 ·
Re: ok

QUOTE ("Darren":2exryj0h)
ok this is what i can remmber at the time i might think of something later, wore out a set of 28" laws, broke front axle, 2 axle boots, 4 ball joints, new bearings, back left liftkit, 2 yokes, rear diff, rear drum seal, piston, crank, 1st gear in trans, and a gear shifter. also 2 sets of front breaks.

THAT ALL

THIS THING KEEPS ME BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darren, I think that takes the cake..!! You must run WFO..!!!lol
Everything that has worn out or broken on mine is because of nature of my riding ,,,and the mods. A stock honda will last a while if you dont ride water and mud like we do

#10 ·
QUOTE ("DirtKurt":324hofjh)
Dastag you have to keep in mind that many of the problems that are recurring such as wheel bearings and ball joints happen mainly because most of us spend 50% or more of our time in mud and water, and even with that my bearings and brakes still lasted around 1000 miles.
Thanks DirtKurt, I kinda figured that as Honda has a great name and is reason I bought it. I could have gone less expensive and would have been happy, but thought I would get the best. I love mine but just don't ride that often. I got it for hunting and not a lot of places to ride close to home. I do enjoy just trail riding and was not really wanting to do a lot of heavy riding. I tried to get a little fast and first time, a small pine tree met me in the trail and although I tried to tackle the tree, it won out. Hurt for weeks and thankfull I did not break any bones, however, I did break a brand new Browning White Gold Medallion rifle stock clear in half. Made me absolutely sick to say the least and hobbled in to send it back to Browning for replacement. Hope they feel sorry for me and help with stock. Was not hauling butt, but was going just fast enough around a turn that I slid sideways right into the tree. Learned a lesson and am now getting me a helmet for riding. Came close to breaking a leg but really close to hitting tree head on and flying head first into the tree and no telling how that would have turned out.

#12 ·
Nothin'.....wait a minute.... i don't even have a 500. On my 450..nothin'.

#16 ·
roob

robb i feel you i wish i could ride mine too,
im boring my motor out, but thank God my sister has a foreman 500 with 27laws i ride and that is what i ride most because my is always broke!!!!! because i dogg the crap out of mine.

#18 ·
Rear ujoint also, hopefully that is all haven't tore it apart yet.

#19 ·
Oh man....I keep waiting on mine to break...You guys are not running big tires ...what happened

#20 ·
big a$$, big crowd watching and hard on the throttle

#21 ·
Well besides the inherent scratches and bends in plastic from actually riding mine, I have had my steering stem lower nut back off causing very sloppy steering, its in the shop (been 3 weeks now) to get the front output shaft oil seal replaced, and a DGL while its there. But I havent actually "broke" anything yet! Knock on wood. I only have about 260mi on it with 51hrs. It doesnt have a lift but it does have 27" bi/tri claws.

#22 ·
Its been a while since I have posted...but here is an update for the last few months

Broke 2 axles (OEM)
1 yoke (u-joint)
1 Tie rod

About to replace bearings again and brake pads....you play you pay!!
The bike still runs like a champ and doesnt smoke.

G
#25 ·
Hello...(first post) I have 3045kms, and so far I have not had to replace anything on my 06 Foreman S. I'm running it pretty much stock, just 26" Mud-lites. However, I don't think I'm overly hard on my bike. (Love the foreman so far)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.