Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
When I went to buy my old quad, it was so shiny that was the reason I bought it, and he used diesel fuel to shine it up.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
No Touch Tire Wet is the best... It is an aerosol..not a pump. You waste the pump kind. I woud use 1 bottle of the Black Majic Tire wet per bike..cost was $6 a bottle. That is $12 a bike. This No Touch is sold for 4 cans for $12 at Sams club or at BJ's Wholesale. 1 can does 2 bikes top, bottom, and tires. BIG savings.. Look at this pic of a 1 year old 500 Foreman. It is almost distorted because of the coating..This is momma's bike and she is a MUD HOUND more than I am...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
No Touch Aresol can...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honda spray cleaner and polish

works great. I used it on my motorcycle and after you pressure wash the 4-wheeler you can soak it down with this and wipe it down and it shines like new. It is about $6.50 a can down here and one can will last for about 5 cleanings.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I've used floor polish(that was a nightmare to get off,I don't recommend it).Then i used WD-40.That worked really good but left a film,lately I've been using tire foam which seems to be the best.I still use WD-40 on the underside of the plastics and engine,frame,axles.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i use auto magic tire dressing. it is not water based and it actually soaks in the plastic. got 5 gallons of it at a local detail shop about 65 dollars. will last all season long.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I use a good biodegradeable truck wash soap that i feed thru my power washer for a power wash and then i power wash once over without it and it's always clean and shiny...I hate having a slimy atv.My bike looks spotless clean new without the slime.not to mention i get the soap by the 55 gallon drum at work so it's free which is the best kind.a 1 gallon jug usually lasts me 4 to 5 extra long washes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use Armor-All for the plastic and WD-40 on the frame,engine,racks everything metal...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like usuing the armour all wipes, they have the dregreaser wipes and the original armour all wipes, they also have glass cleaner for the winsheild and mirrors.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am about ready to tell you all that you are all way off! LOL all these armor alls and tire foams work but leave you with a greasy dust attracting mess. I sprayed a small spot on my fender with automotive clear coat in a spray can. it looked very good. After a few days of not seeing any ill effects I sprayed my honda 300 plastic all over with it. It looks wet and shiny all the time. I rode it the next day and the clear coat never did crack from the flexing of the plastic during the ride. So I did my Foreman 400 with it. It looks like brand new- mavbe better than brand new. They have both been on two rides since I sprayed on the clear coat and they both still look awesome! No cracks or anything. And its dry so it does not attract dust, and when I wash it it stays put so I dont have to keep reapplying it. Throw all that other junk in the trash. I don't know why no one has tried this sooner!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where I ride through the bush alot that clear-coat would be a scratched up mess from 1 ride....

·
Registered
128 Posts
i use liquid wax on mine, makes the yellow shine. just make sure you dont get that stuff on the black panels cause it turns them white. i use armoural on the black panels

G

·
I use a product by mothers called back to black, it's made for plastic..it kinda smells like wax but goes on great...gives a excellent shine and isn't as slick as some of the other stuff. Perfect for seats!

·
Registered
97 Posts
well i needed to do my truck up and tought id try the no touch wet tire shine stuff on my very much used and abused 86 350trx , the plastic was to say the least looking very tired , but after i used this it restored the color like new removed scratches (least made em un-noticable
) yes it was greasy but i wiped if off and the shine and color stayed. im pretty much sold on it" No touch tire wet whatever "

·
Registered
153 Posts
who cares about the shine...it will be muddy 2 minutes after it leaves the trailer.lol.....i just powerwash it and put it away for another day....

·
Registered
25 Posts
i use SC1 and it works great all you do is spray in on all your plastics and wipe off makes everything look new

·
Registered
394 Posts
baby oil, works wonders and doesnt hurt my butt when i ride bare a$$ which is pretty much never

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.