Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 450ES ...it calls for hypoid SAE #80 gear oil. Was wondering if SAE 80 w 90 would be ok. What do you guys all use?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I use Mobil 1 SAE 90 synthetic. No problems.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have been using Valvoline 80w-90 with no problems. I will also use Castrol Hypoi C gear oil when I can find it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
And add another to Valvoline 80w-90.. The large jug is enough for several front and rear differential flushes..

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use original honda diff oil the dealer told me it is the best oil to use in canada because of our weather. I don't know if he was BS me, but a couple of shops told me the same.As long as you don't have a locker then you need the additive.Where in Canada are you from?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ontario ....K-W area....Hummm....What additive are you talking about....I find i get a clicking sound in the front diff when i turn and someone told me it was normal, that it was just the clutches and that but putting this additive in it you can make it dissappear....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.