Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just out looking at my exhaust pipe yesterday and the very back of it is like a purple looking color. Is this normal? it's just at the very back of the pipe maybe 1 or 2 inches worth. I just want to make sure i'm not running to lean. The quad is almost new with no mods done to it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine is a week old and it did the same thing it smoked like heck the 1st day. Just put a little mud on it and it will be fine

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
you should be fine, where the ring of purple is, that is where there is like a plate is in the muffler, im not sure what the other purple is but i think you are fine.
-Aaron

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
mine looks just like that one also i never have worried about it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dont worry about that,when me and my dad got ours,they did the same thing.As you ride,itll wear off.

·
Registered
670 Posts
my dad had a problem with the mud burning onto the pipe and turned it a dark brown color...SOO.... we sanded off the mud and roughed up the exhaust and then rode the bike a while around the yard...left it running and sprayed the exhaust with two coats of paint that is made for BBQ grills...the paint won't stick to something unless it is at a certain temp. it was very hot when we painted it...

his entire exhaust is now black and it looks really good, i may paint my HMF black b/c i like it so much...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.