Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey JP, thats gonna be a hard one to answer. Really its different based on usage and how you ride. I can tell you that Rubicons are typical Honda's that are very dependable and take a beating without much trouble. Compared to other quads they are not in the shop all the time. But your question would be different from different type riders. Maybe I can answer better if you say how its generally riden, how often, where stored, etc.

Ron

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
With over 3500 miles on my '05
I have not had ANY issues period

I ride in very extreme conditions,Temps
from 25° to 115° and lots of dust,Mountians,
bolder infested washes and dried up rivers

·
Registered
151 Posts
Other than you typical oil and filter changes I have had no problems at all. Just keep in mind you have to check you psi every once in a while

·
Registered
149 Posts
For light trail riding you will not have any issues to be concerned about. Just keep the basic maintenance schedule and it will last a long, long time. Basically the only time people have trouble is right out of the gate, if a machine is problem prone you will know it very early on, and while every manufacturer has a problem bike here and there, Honda has the least by far. If you have no problems with yours during the first 6 months, its very unlikely you will ever have problems if you keep it serviced and ride as you've said.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Common things that go wrong with the Rubicon

From all me reading of Rubicon, and of Foreman posts I would have to say the Angle and Speed sensors are the most comon problems. From may own experience and my readings, this is a fixable problem, however you need to have a mechanic that knows what he is doing. Improperly installation or by being dropped on the bench and it will fail. Once it is fixed it's a Honda! I have 2000Km on mine and I run 27" Bearclaws. I blew out a bearing in the front left hub, it was pretty easy to replace though, and I sure as heack am no mechanic. However I ride in a lot of mud, so the bearing is probably my fault! Good luck with your Rubicon, I'm pretty **** happy with mine!

·
Registered
76 Posts
QUOTE ("Jordan P":5ihousao)
I'm an Imbasyl but what does the angle sensor do?
On a Rubicon it tells the ECM what angle the swash plate in the tranny is at. On a 450 or 500 Foreman it detects when the shift shaft is being turned by the electric shift.

Angle sensors are more of a problem on Ranchers and 450FE models, and I wouldn't even go so far as to call it a problem. I have only replaced one or two angle sensors on a Rubicon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought my 03 Rubi used last Oct. with a 1000 kilometers on it and it was ridden easy, they guy had no problems with it. I have put on 2500 kilometers in the last year. Plowing snow, road riding, bush riding, trail riding, hill climbing etc etc. I have had no problems at all. Runs as good as a new machine. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
bob

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
QUOTE ("Eric":13z8auze)
I didn't have any problems with my 05 Ruby and I treated like a submarine its whole life.

honda_can-am_tech
wish i could say the same i have had every problem known to man. Its sitting in my garage for months now with a broken tranny for the 3rd time

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
QUOTE ("Jordan P":2t9l62uv)
It's just used for light trail riding very minimal mud.
You say that now just wait until you get "mud fever"!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.