Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for info but cant seem to find any on lug depth!

I have an 2002 Honda Foreman 450 S that still has stock tires on it that I want to replace.

Id like to know what 25 inch tire has the deepest LUG DEPTH

The only other upgrades I plan on doing are Intake and exhaust snorkles but I love the MUD and hate getting stuck.

I do mostly trail riding but find myself off trail to hunt and fish all the time.

I need some rubber that lasts a long time and is good in mud and snow.

I only have $300 to spend with the shipping included

·
Registered
560 Posts
Not sure if it's the deepest but Mud light XL's with 1 1/8 " tread depth are now available in 25's. Step up to 26's and you can find a wider selection of deeper tread tires inc bearclaws or supergrips. I'm sure someone will reply with info on some of the more hard core mud tires available. Dealer here will upgrade to 26 inch tires on a new purchase so they can't be too concerned with going up 1 size on warranty or performance.
You might regret it if you don't go larger. I went from 24" to 25 to 27. Now I'm wondering if 28"s would have fit.

·
Registered
744 Posts
25inch mudbugs have a pretty good tread on them and they are not that expensive had them on the back of my racher and they worked great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.