Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Honda Foreman Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

Thank you for all your support!

~ Community Support

·
Administrator
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that Hondaforeman.com will be migrated to our new platform on Tuesday, September 3rd. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~ Community Support

·
Administrator
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello all,

There were some additional complications with the migration of the community and we have rolled the site back until we can investigate further.

We have pushed the date back to TBD for now and will announce once we know more.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
If this change is anything like what has happened over at Hondaatvforums.net, I hope you will NOT change this board.

That forum has become a ghost town because those of us who have been on there daily trying to help people cannot stand the new format, and refuse to use it. When all of your moderators leave a board, you know you've REALLY screwed it up.

I'm a lifetime member here. I check this board daily. If it is changed to the same format as hondaatvforums I won't be back. That new format SUCKS.

@toodeep, not sure if you have any pull with this. On the other board the mods all complained and were ignored, so they left, along with all of the regular contributors.

·
Registered
205 Posts
? I have no clue what's goin on
Same people own HondaATVForum that own this site , they just restructured the other site and seems it died a very quick death , all the moderators and most of the most active and best members split ---amazing on how fast it went down ----would think the same thing is going to happen here as soon as they change formats

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow! Took a look at the other forum . It reminds me of keeping an entire shop's worth of tools in 5 gallon buckets. Good luck finding that 10mm.

When you have people that are paid to change things, they make changes, no matter if it works or not. Got to have that update! Mozilla is a good example.

I'm a firm believer in ... If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Change for the sake of change, usually isn't good.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
? I have no clue what's goin on
The same company owns most of these forums. They're doing an "update" to them which completely ruins the look and user-friendly aspects of the forums.

Nothing like Geico ads which appear in the middle of threads and look like a user comment, so when reading through a thread you suddenly find yourself reading an advertisement.

I started off here on Hondaforeman, with @toodeep, @rich450es, Tea Time, wydglide, and some of the other oldheads. Rebuilt my first Honda engine with tons of help from those guys.

I'm on a few other boards, and they're all being ruined by the corporates who own the sites. This board is apparently slated to be the next to be "fixed"

Hopefully they will rethink ruining this board like they have some of the others. If they don't....I guess anytime the market leaves a void people create something new to fill that void.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Since I have joined this forum I have been through many different owners and updates. Updates do need to happen and one migration in the past from one host to the next was a nightmare. Pictures was lost, members locked out of accounts so we had to manually add them back in, threads locked and so on. Most updates take place and the users dont really notice, some are really noticable.

After every change on here we worked with the members to tweak things to keep it as close to normal as possible. Us members (including me, just a member with a fancy title) have always had a say on things on here and in the past they have always worked with us to have the forum our way.

I dont know the details and how much of the norm we can keep after this update. Unless things have changed, we will do our best to keep it the way the members want it. Just like you I have to wait and see what it's going to be and go from there.

I've only been on the atvforums a few times so me looking at it today I dont notice the things you guys do. Time will tell if we can keep our forum our forum . We pay the bills with our posts so it's usually not a problem if it's possible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Hope you're right. As I understand it the current format is not something they would keep over at the other board. Before the change it was the same layout as this board.

FB has killed off most of the forums, but I much prefer forums as they are a more permanent source of information that will show up when people are looking for help with a problem using search engines.

Keep us updated Toodeep. Maybe they'll leave us alone here.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Hello all,

The conversion has been moved to Thursday 11/21/2019

Jeff M
Hope yall don't screw this board up too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.