Honda Foreman Forums banner

Water riding

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  wvforeman 
#1 ·
I am fairly new at atv rideing, but when I go I like to push it to the limits. This weekend, I was crossing a stream that was a little deeper than I thought, when I got stuck my exhaust was partially submerged in water, will this damage my motor, the quad never cut out, so I assume as long as it is running, it is not sucking up any water, or not? I dont ride in water to the point I would need a snorkel kit, but at the same time I do not want to ruin my ride!

#2 ·
Your fine. As long as it is runnin'. Without a snorkel, i wouldn't go any deeper
than you went.

#4 ·
I have had mine in pretty deep water also.
The air intake if right behind the gas tank cap,
they seem to do fine, till the water is at seat level, or rushes up over the "hood".
Try to enter the deep parts slowly, so it doesnt force water up over the front.

~John

#6 ·
Don't forget about the pullrope assem. This needs to be seal to prevent water from entering. if water/mud get in the assem. it can cause damage as well. I thinks someone put a writeup in the how to section to take care of this problem.

#7 ·
QUOTE ("Dirty4man":3mjqj3qr)
Don't forget about the pullrope assem. This needs to be seal to prevent water from entering. if water/mud get in the assem. it can cause damage as well. I thinks someone put a writeup in the how to section to take care of this problem.
...heh, too late for mine.

I have had it submerged in mud and water.
The 05s have a cover over the pull start though, you cant even see it.
So that protects it from normal riding, but not the submersions.

I should check mine soon I figure.
~John

#9 ·
sounds like u are in good shape for awhile, But u still need to check it from time to time. I knocked mine loose with a pressure washer once, I found it after the next ride full of sand and water.

#10 ·
I sealled everything except for the pull starter.. Once I found out about it, I pulled the starter cord out and it was laying flat on the garage floor. It wouldn't retract back in. I cut the cord and sealled the rope hole. Do they sell the kit to replace it or am I $hit out of luck?

#11 ·
#12 ·
Its a 2003 The first year they came out.. And thanx for the info..Will prob make an order here soon. Need to get it back in working order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.