Honda Foreman Forums banner

Water in Carb

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  selah86 
#1 ·
last night i took my 4man in deep deep water for the first time. it never died on me, it ran like a champ. i went through water up to the handle bars for a few hundred feet. i have all my vents ran up to my POD, my carb drain is pinched in half and zip-tied. and its snorkeled. after being deep for a while it would die when i gave it full throttle, so i drained my carb then it worked fine.
Question: how did i get water in my carb with all these mods? is there something else i should do or know about?

#2 ·
Either one of your vents is leaking or the drain is not plugged good enough.

#4 ·
I used the end of the screw for the ujoint boot clamp. works good and you can't loose it.

#6 ·
Maybe try checking the condition of your hoses make sure none of them are cracked or just replace them because if you can ride that long before you get water in the carb it is a small leak.

#8 ·
it also could of melted somewhere, this happened to me on my rubicon before. just check the lines all over and everything. just bring the carb drain line to the handlebars, its useless anyway if you have it pluged off.
-Aaron

#9 ·
I folded mine over and put a small hose clamp at the fold and it works so far.

#10 ·
thats the same thing i did with the zip-tie. i dunno where water in getting in at. i've never had this problem before, but i have never riddin in deep water for as long as i did last night. i was prolly about 30 min straight in deep water. a sand bar here and there. but the majority of the time my handle bars and snorkel were the only things you could see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.