Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wandered what you guys thought about 28 mudlites on a lifted 04' foreman. Have 26's now but buddies talked me into 28's. They will be here friday. Did I go wrong? Just wanted your opinions.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
do you have any mods like exhaust or k&n ? you might lose a lil power with the 28's so i say step up and get a hmf and k&n and i think that will compinsate the tire size.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You will feel a difference in power in 1 and 2 gears.It may tend to bog some in thick mud,that can be fixed with a simple clutch kit.The one thing good about the Mudlights is their weight,it won't be that much more than your 26 you have now.Good tires,run a couple xtra psi in the tires to help stiffen the sidewalls from puntures...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi i put 27 Mudlights on my 04 rubi. I was not impressed with the tire as a real mud tire. Way better then stock though. Im not talking about 4 ft deep swamp holes either, just Real wet fields. They turned into mud slicks real easy. Not trying to put your choice of tire down just trying to help. I ordered some 28 vamps even though mud lights are 3 months old.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
743 Posts
Vamps have the same depth as the mudlights. You should be fine with the 28's. I have riddne with guys that run 29.5's and they do great with them. Get a $50 clutch kit and some power mods, and go sling that mud.

·
Registered
189 Posts
no, mudlights have no where near the lug of 28" vampires which are EDLS. their is no other tire with bigger lugs then the EDLS. 2 1/2" lugs eh

·
Registered
743 Posts
oops I didn't notice that you went to 28's, There is no doubt that the EDL's will outpull a mudlight.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
I wish that i had bought 28" zilla's or laws instead of the 589's, I am trying to wear them out as soon as possible, to justify new ones. I would say put the pipe and jet kit and filter on and you will be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts