Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a viper max 2500. Was wondering if anyone else has done this on a 07 foreman. The winch is in the at a angle and is always running on the roller fairhead. The instructions had no pics, but that was the only way for the winch plate to mount. I called the company and they said it was supposed to have a angle. but just looks funny. I always figured it should be a straight shot to the hole.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Look at this post (My new 06 Foreman with AP & ITP (pics), on this website. Notice how his winch is mounted, it is on an angle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
scroll down to the picks and you will see the mounting plate. its the same as the one I have, really put an angle on it. It was very tight in there

<a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2500lb-Honda-Foreman-05-07-Viper-MAX-ATV-WINCH-Kit-2500_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43984QQihZ013QQitemZ230178540596QQrdZ1QQsspagena
meZWDVW">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2500lb-H ... enameZWDVW</a>

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is this on a power steering model?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I need somebody to help me put one on a power steering model, HELP!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same winch and it just died. It lasted about 3 months. I had it wrapped around a light pole to reel the cable back on the drum tight and it quit. It would let cable out once every 5 or 6 tries but would not reel back in. I have probably pulled with it 25 times maybe. Going to install the gorilla tonight. Also the viper would not hold my bike in a tree. It would slowly let it back down.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i got a gorilla winch on my 07 foreman and the mounting plate is at an angle also. the cable runs on the fairlead but no problems yet. i think they make them like that for cosmetic reasons. to kinda follow the curved frontend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.