Honda Foreman Forums banner

valve train knocking

24K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  trextr 
Noisy engine while at idle.

Hello guys I have a 03 Foreman 450 and I have problem with the rattle at low rpm's.It also rattles loud when it is first started and stops when you rev it a little.I have replaced the timing chain that was worn badly,Bored the engine because it was smoking as well.The tensioner is good and the crank bearings were in good shape on the front side of the engine.I only checked that side being it was off during the chain replacement.Valves are right ,the head is brand new and I still have a noise that sounds like a real loose rocker arm but somewhat different.OH !!! I forgot to mention that I have a new piston and pin in it also.I checked the rod for wear but it was inside the service limit so the stock rod and crank is still in it.I questioned the oil pump as well and pulled it apart and measured the clearance and all checked out good.Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might find this noise?????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.