Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: Hondaforeman.com & Duke70 is not responsible for any damage caused to you or your bike.

Valve adjustment procedures Recon all

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, i'm new on the forum and have found great info thus far. Great forum!

I have an 07 Recon ES that i'm trying to adjust the valves. When pulling on starter recoil slowly to align TDC mark on tick, it suddenly takes a big jump. I cannot get it to stop on Tmark. Has anyone have suggestions as to how to align them?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's probably due to both valves being closed and the compression is pushing the piston back down the cylinder. Just remove the spark plug and try that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's probably due to both valves being closed and the compression is pushing the piston back down the cylinder. Just remove the spark plug and try that.
Im having the same problem with this. can anyone verify if that works or any other methods to keep from slipping past Tmarker.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't get mine to stop either with the spark plug removed. I get the 2 lines, the F and then the T but its on the wrong stroke. When I go around to where i hit the T again is goes right past it. thinking about pulling head so I can use my hand to stop piston. stumped cuz i have set them before. also my recon i have to pull valve cover no caps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts