Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to carry over from another thread. When I turn the key on the four wheeler I get nothing. No lights on dash, no headlights, nothing. I pull start and she runs amazing but my neutral light and oil light flicker. Now I did have a mouse eat some wires but I fixed them for now. I turn the key and I checked for power on the fuses and there was none. When pull started there was power there. I tried to jump it and made no difference. It was fine a week or two when I started it, well it was dead from the cold but I ran it and turned it off and the electric start worked. So what could it be?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
why start a new thread? now when someones having the same problem they find that old thread and get no solution because a new thread was created. someone will answer you creating a new thread doesn't speed that up. .

maybe a dead battery, bad grounds, bad connection from when you fixed them.
i would start with the battery and trace power from there

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well now there two different problem threads. The battery is out of the equation sense when I hooked it up to my truck I got nothing. I should have at least gotten the dash lights.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
1 without a solution does nothing to help anyone
not necessarily iv used jumper cables that didn't work (corroded) but looked fine.
you need to start from the battery making sure its 13.0v or better and trace the power from there. . . . .

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When my parts come in for the fuse block I will update that. I had the battery only on a trickle charger over night cause thats all I have but it was only reading like 12 volts not running and running

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok So I ordered a battery today and going to pick it up after work. Is it possible for the battery to have enough juice in it to run the fan and my stereo and not turn the dash lights or headlights on when you turn the key on?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem fixed. I connected the main fuse wire to its self. lol I am waiting for the parts to build the fuse box so when that comes in I will update that post.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
The Project did that to me. I checked the fuses and they were good, but the connector that the fuse goes into wasn't making a good connection so fuse looked good, but power wasn't going from fuse to wire coming out of the fuse box (hope that makes sense).

I pushed up on the wires on the bottom of the fuse box (grabbed wire and tried to feed it further up into the fuse box).

Seems to work for now. Haven't had any problems out of it since, but if I do, I'm going to cut the wires and just wire in an inline fuse.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What I did was stupid. I took the fuse box out and I cut the main fuse out and replaced it with a normal fuse. Well I when I spliced everything together I connected the main fuse from the battery back to the battery it just made a pointless circle lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
someone please help me put on new wireing harness and new key switch on my 2005 honda rebel 250cmx getting power up front but when i put on new key switch wont start but i can brige it over it will start everytime all fuses are good help me please

1 - 13 of 13 Posts