Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Decided to make this a post of its own]

Z1500...I PMed you before, but i think it got lost int he crash as well. When you gonna make a turbo for the Foreman?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
cant wait till i see a turbo on a atv. I dont want to get any ideas with that if it was efi i prob would of put my F.A.S.T. system on there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm turboing mine in the next couple months but I highly doubt anyone else would want to spend that kind of money on a Foreman. A big part of the cost is to do it right you really should fuel inject it at the same time. I'm only doing it cause I build turbo kits for a living and it will won't cost me much. I'll dyno it stock, then with built motor, then with the EFI, then with the turbo. We'll see what happens, I read somewhere that the 450's only put out like 12whp.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please keep us all updated on what you do to the foreman, I for one am totally curious to what you come up with, and fuel injection sounds real good to me!!!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
incredible its that low. Wonder how much TQ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The EFI is going to cost me the most $$ cause I have all the other stuff sitting around. Should be about $1000.
The turbo could be done with a carburator as a draw thru for pretty cheap but I'm not sure how reliable it would be for stalling and offroad drivability. Maybe I should try that first in case it works out real well.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where do you plan to mount the Turbo?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
That I do not know. All I can say is the BF650 puts out 35.5hp, makes you feel small, until you have to tow them out of the woods when they break.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My plan is to mount the turbo right off the head a couple inches from the exhaust port. I may have to move the stock fan/oil cooler or switch to a slim line fan for clearance.
If I try the carburated draw thru, then the turbo would get mounted where the carb sits.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
now what size turbo we talknig about?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
QUOTE ("truegrit":33xxcdw4)
The new 475cc motor puts out a whopping 18 hp.
THAT'S IT? Not only does my riding lawn mower have a real oil filter but now i find out the Murray almost has the same HP!

something just doesn't add up

so much for keeping up with my brother on his bf 650 with this pipe/jet kit upgrade.... dammit man

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("deadmullet":3fht75rd)
QUOTE ("truegrit":3fht75rd)
The new 475cc motor puts out a whopping 18 hp.
THAT'S IT? Not only does my riding lawn mower have a real oil filter but now i find out the Murray almost has the same HP!

something just doesn't add up

so much for keeping up with my brother on his bf 650 with this pipe/jet kit upgrade.... dammit man [/quote]

Thats on a dyno at the wheels. The mower is probably measurre at the crank or even estimated.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
i dunno, you havent seen the power of the Murray!!

42" of grass cutting perfection

It does have a much bigger oil filter than our bike though!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm having a new thought. Leads me to the next question. Are the carb floats hollow brass or plastic or are they solid? My buisness partner is a turbo drag bike guy so he knows all about turboing carbs. We may be able to do a bad ass blow thru for a somewhat reasonable amount of money.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the float is plastic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK, but is it thin hollow plastic that will implode when pressure is applied or is it sort of solid?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Taken from DeadMullets post

Kinda hard to tell in that picture. I dont remember how sturdy it was.

·
Registered
17 Posts
HAHA. If anyone needs a turbo let me know. I think a new GT12 is about $500.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts