Honda Foreman Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
what jet did you use ?if you did the slide mod how much did you cut off the spring ?what size did you drill the hole?

·
Registered
51 Posts
what jet did you use ?if you did the slide mod how much did you cut off the spring ?what size did you drill the hole?
DJ126 - I didnt cut the spring.. i taped it neatly. and i started at a half an inch... then did 3/4 inch.. each time making it worse.

And this is the first thing im hearing about drilling holes?

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
I have adjusted the needle several times - and if i go too far from the 3rd groove it just gets worse..

My problem is, every time I give it WOT, it boggs down and get pretty choppy then picks back up.. (neutral 1st 2nd 3rd)
But if i press the gas slowly there is no choppiness or hesitation.

Is the pilot screw the Air-fuel fixture screw?

Because i have absolutely nothing on my carb that looks like the "D" shaped image posted earlier.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
I have a ridding event in a couple of weeks!!!
Yes the pilot screw is the air/fuel mixture. Yours might still be the flat screw driver head type. Take that out a turn and it might solve the problem and might only help. You might have to try a few different jets to get it fine tuned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes the pilot screw is the air/fuel mixture. Yours might still be the flat screw driver head type. Take that out a turn and it might solve the problem and might only help. You might have to try a few different jets to get it fine tuned.
Ok, thanks!
Ill get right on that this after noon!, ill let you know what happens!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Got a question for those in the know, i've got a Uni filter on my Foreman, do I need to do anything with my jetting?

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Only your spark plug knows... check the color of your spark plug..

·
Registered
785 Posts
OK, last time I checked it it was good. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Air fuel adjustment did the trick.. Runs flawlessly.. i have more power.. and the poping when comming off WOT is 95% gone... no bogging or hesitations...
Im one happy Honda rider right now!!!!!!!!!!!!
So freaking happy!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Im going to try and explain the the best way i can..
Like i said in the previous post, the air fuel screw did most of the work for me..
BUt i noticed yester day - if i gentely easy up on the trottle, at about 3/4 of the way the motor starts making that rapid (waaa waaa waaa waaa waaa) sound like its at wide open throttle. But its not. its at about 80%. Pusing the throttle beyond that dosent chage anything just how loud the (waaa waaa) noise is.

Its like its maxing out before its supposed to.

What part of the carb do i need to ajust to fix this - lower the washer or what?

Thanks your your input!

81 - 90 of 90 Posts