Honda Foreman Forums banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don't remember seeing a screw there, i'll have to take another look tonight. Is this from 04 Foreman?

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
That was a 300 carb but they are the same as far as the placement of the components. Your 450 will have a carb heater installed next to it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don't believe it has the carb heater, there are no wires going to it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Man I need to start wearing glasses..........lol. You were absolutely right toodeep, there is a carb heater there, thanks for the heads up. Is there any way to test it to see if it still works?

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
youl find out when it starts to get cold isnt that in 3 weeks up in alaska lmao
it should tell you in the manual how to check it (sorry bud i dont know how )

·
Registered
785 Posts
No, not in 3 weeks, should be at least 3 1/2 maybe even 4............hahahahahaha!!

J/K, it won't start cooling down until about mid to late September. Of course, it all depends on what you consider cool, to me, 20 degrees is cool.

I'll check my manual and see what it has to say. Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
oh, snap! when i bought my dynojet kit, i thought this thing was smashed! i rounded it back out before i brought it to the shop for my exhaust install! lol! boy, do i feel dumb!!!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
i live in gpt. also, where do you ride? wanna go to canal road?

·
Registered
10 Posts
^^anybody have to replace jets on their 03 foreman 450 es? when doing this? orjust adjust them

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ok, so I've read this whole forum and have this to ask. I'm thinking of adding a HMF Swamp Series pipe, UNI filter, and an EHS Racing airbox outerwears lid (EHS Racing rubicon 500 air box airbox Outerwears | eBay). I might even add a snorkel. I also would like to do the carb mod. All this will be done to my '09 foreman. If I understand right, if I do what I've read here, I should be able to tune my carb to get the best performance out the quad right?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
you will need to re jet for all of the above more air means you'll need more fuel

·
Registered
973 Posts
That's what I was thinking. Now the carb mod will be allowing for more gas to follow right?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
the carb mod doesnt let more air in but allows the slide to rise faster in return making better throttle response some notice the difference in my case i didn't notice anything and it made my 450 run like crap but each 4 wheeler is different so just the carb mod alone you shouldn't need to re-jet you might have to tweak the air fuel screw a little

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ok, ok, I hear ya. So you think I need to try the carb mod out first before I do the add ons or should I wait until after?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
i would do the mod 1st its free then work your way up with the other mods

·
Registered
973 Posts
Cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
awesome write up, i upped my pilot jet to a 50 from a 45 and my main to a 135 from a 130. low end seems right but the top end, it bogs a bit when starting to warm up. should i go up another on the main? what do you guys think.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just jetted my carb..
All is fine except when i "gun" it.. it will bog down and then pick back up..

but if i ease up on the throttle it does just fine..

Does that have to do with that spring MOD? maybe?
Maybe measuring and cutting the spring will let it be a little more responsive?

·
Registered
213 Posts
try lowering the clip one spot (raise the needle )it worked for mine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have adjusted the needle several times - and if i go too far from the 3rd groove it just gets worse..

My problem is, every time I give it WOT, it boggs down and get pretty choppy then picks back up.. (neutral 1st 2nd 3rd)
But if i press the gas slowly there is no choppiness or hesitation.

Is the pilot screw the Air-fuel fixture screw?

Because i have absolutely nothing on my carb that looks like the "D" shaped image posted earlier.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
I have a ridding event in a couple of weeks!!!

61 - 80 of 90 Posts