Honda Foreman Forums banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
QUOTE (Redcrew71 @ Apr 26 2009, 07:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=126043
thanks for the info....looking more and more at a clutch kit maybe....sounds like that is the only thing that will get my 2nd gear tires to turn.

Not into pipes or gear changes.

I guess the two big ones are EPI and Highlifter??
i hope you have better luck getting your tires to turn over like you want them to than i have. i have a few more mods than you and i still want more out of it. look at sig for 07.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok so i have a trx500fm with a 170 jet on clip # 4 with a 48 slow jet and a mudslinger. I am still getting backfireing and when i start it worm it does not start strong it takes a second for it to idle strong. what is the backfireing coming from? when i put in the 48 i cannot get the low end of the slow jet to cut off enough fuel to make the RPMs to drop should i put the old one back in? should i go to clip #5?

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok so i have a trx500fm with a 170 jet on clip # 4 with a 48 slow jet and a mudslinger. I am still getting backfireing and when i start it worm it does not start strong it takes a second for it to idle strong. what is the backfireing coming from? when i put in the 48 i cannot get the low end of the slow jet to cut off enough fuel to make the RPMs to drop should i put the old one back in? should i go to clip #5?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I guess I got lucky with my setup. Just pulled the carb put the 48 pilot jet and the 170 main jet in and put it back together. It runs great, doesn't cut out and the new plug looks great. I didn't even see any adjustment screw in there, only thing I did was adjust the idle afterwards. go figure

·
Registered
419 Posts
QUOTE (localfiremedic @ Jun 2 2009, 12:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=128191
I guess I got lucky with my setup. Just pulled the carb put the 48 pilot jet and the 170 main jet in and put it back together. It runs great, doesn't cut out and the new plug looks great. I didn't even see any adjustment screw in there, only thing I did was adjust the idle afterwards. go figure
Update on my tuning:
Mine started cutting out at peak RPMs so I went up in main jet sizes, all the way to 185. Just got worse so I put the stock 162 back in and redid my snorkel with 2in hose for more air flow. It ran a little better with this setup but not perfect. so I went up to a 165 and it runs perfect now. Idles beautifully. I haven't adjusted the mid range as mine doesn't cut out at all so I guess it's good. Anyway my 500 won't handle the 170 even with the air box lid off for max air flow. If it's backfiring I would guess it's running too rich. Are you throwing any codes?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine Rubi's throttle isn't as snappy as it should be..Would adjusting pilot screw(the D-shaped screw) help any? If not, What would i have to adjust to make it more snappy? It's like it hesitates and then it goes. Would re-adjusting it give me more power also?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Bump :eek:k

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 04 rubicon with 500 miles.I added a homemade snorkel which is 2 inch pipe to 1.5 white spa hose to the air box(it is airtight).Stock muffler.Stock type air filter .

Went riding and it was cutting out on top end,but was fine from idle to midrange.It got progressively worse and started cutting out if you let off the gas.By the time I got it back to the truck,it would barely idle.Im geussing the plug fouled all the way out.It is solid black.

Does this sound like my snork is limiting the airflow since the plug is black?I do have the dynojet kit,purchased it before I saw this thread.

I will have a new plug before I start adjustments and will clean the spark arrestor tip.

Maybe add a k&n filter to regain some air input?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just a follow up,I added a k&n.Replaced the plug,then I took the arresetor off the muffler,it was almost completely clogged.Cleaned it and it runs fine now!

·
Registered
137 Posts
OK new uni new hmf utility 170 main 48 polit 26" mud lits. not running bad but should it be able to turn my tires over any where or time? and it dies sometime when i let off throttle quickly? i am 3 1/4 turns.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ok i have a tack how do u attach it? any thoughts.

·
Registered
366 Posts
might want to get one that attatches to the spark plug wire

·
Registered
63 Posts
Guess I didn't look around enough before I started buying parts. I went ahead and ordered the DynoJet kit before I saw this thread. I've installed a HMF slip-on, and a UNI foam air filter, so I need to rejet. I'm looking at doing it this weekend, with the DJ kit am I going to need to mess with the pilot circuit, or will I be able to install the jet, needle, and spring and be done with it? The chart that came with my kit recommends that I use the 124 jet for my rancher, and the HMF pipe came with a jet that has 142.5 stamped on the top. Anybody have any advice they can give me before I start on this thing?

It's an '06 rancher 350 4x4

341 Posts
if i dont ever rev up my motor and im always in low gear. do i still have to rejet? it spuders on top end but only when i get up to 26 mph or so. and i never go that fast anyways.(vamps) i mostly stay in the deep mud and dont need to rev with my tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
crap wish i say this thread before i gone dun ordered the DJ kit.....so out of all this reading i should still be ok though with their jets they provide just don't use their spring and needle right?

·
Registered
785 Posts
OK, I tried to do this tune up on my Foreman and could not find that d-shaped screw anywhere. There is another screw next to the idle adjusment screw, anyone know what that one is for? I did a plug chop last night too and it wasn't a caramel color, more like a yellow/gray color. How do I fix it?

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
if its a foreman 450 there is no "D" shaped air fuel screw .its just a regular slotted screw......and its on the bottom front of the carb resesed in a hole

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yes, it is a 450. Is that screw inside a small aluminum tube looking thingy on the right side of the carb? Gotta love the technical talk........lol

41 - 60 of 90 Posts