Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probaly a stupid question. I was washing quad yesterday and noticed a tube hanging in the center just past the front of the rear fenders. Is that a fuel drain or did I knock something loose with the pressure washer? It hangs past the bottom of bike.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah its carb drain hose so if the carb bowl fills up it can drain out that hose.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spent about 3 hours in a rice field the other day, no chance of sucking water up in there is it?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Check valve works well, when attached. If you lose that one-way valve and water is above line than yes water can/will definetely get sucked up into carb.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
does the check valve work? i have always heard they suck. if they work im going to tell dad to replace ours since it has been gone fora while.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i wouldnt trust the check valve. ive hurd stories of them not workin. personally ive never rode mine without it plugged

·
Registered
936 Posts
mine dont work....... im sucked water a few times.... i always have it pluged now extcept when its gettin hauled

·
Registered
589 Posts
mines always worked

·
Registered
43 Posts
i ahd a 04 foreman 450, and the valve did exactly opposite of its original function, in instead of out, when it was supposed to be out instead of in

·
Registered
82 Posts
I thought i had a snorkel problem but i found out my carb valve was missing. It mad a diffrence by putting it on. If you want to test it out you take off your valve and put a skrew in the tube in place of it. If you go threw water and it dosent cutthen thats your problem. Thats what I did. and that was the problem.

·
Registered
82 Posts
but you cant do weelies with the skrew in it because it would flood it out.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
would it be worth replace in if i dont real use it that much under water? most of the time we only get water up to the floor boards, but occationally we get tire deep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts