Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well....i was deciding between the foreman 450 and the arctic cat 400 or 500....i decided with the AC b.c. it has IRS, diff. locks, 4x4/4x2 selectale, HUGE clearance.....why should i go with a foreman instead of an AC? lol...i want a foreman...they seem to be cheaper used but i really want the AC and i just want to see some of the points some of you throw out there...thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Foremans are more dependable and there are a lot of aftermarket parts available for them. With AC, i would only choose it if it were a manual. personally I dont like the Auto's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats pretty much my main problem with the ACs.....if i buy used, its gonna be hard to find a manual one...... i dont really want to buy an auto b.c. then i have to worry about the belt and all that....

my plans when i get a new quad-

snorkel, tires, gorilla axles, all the good stuff.....its pretty much just gonna be a monster mud machine.....nothing really else than that lol....thats why i want the AC with all that extra clearance....

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Everyone is going to IRS bikes, to make a foreman a great mud bike it will cost money. I love my bike and wouldn't trade it for anything. The bad thing is I have more money invested in mods than what the bike itself is worth. All atv brands have flaws, no one but yourself can decide on which one to get. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
the foreman is proubly going to hold up better, my friwnd had a ac500m and it was crap, basicly the whole thing fell apart besides the motor. he had it about four months. if i were you i would go with the foreman. also if you really did want a irs bike there are tons of other good ones such as the grizz and brute.
-Aaron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.