Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm really struggling to find a fuse box clip on COVER for a 98 vintage trx450. The Honda part number 38224-HNO-A00
I'm located in Hampshire UK. Any assistance in finding one of these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Chalkymon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you find the part you were after in the end Chalkymon? Honda in Wilton, Salisbury (C&O tractors) will help you out. Ask for Myles, he’s super helpful.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you find the part you were after in the end Chalkymon? Honda in Wilton, Salisbury (C&O tractors) will help you out. Ask for Myles, he’s super helpful.
Howdo mate. Thanks for your input. I've tried everywhere but always without success. I'll give the dealer in Salisbury a call tomorrow, that's only 30 minutes from my location! Many thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know the outcome. Cheers.
Chalkster

·
Registered
12 Posts
No problem, I’m in the process (I think) of buying a parts bike so I may have one soon (if there’s one on the bike) Thani could send your way. All depends on the answers to my thread, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdo mate. Tried your suggestion in Salisbury as well as another Honda authority, no joy unfortunately. Might have to make something from scratch? We shall see if anything turns up, fingers crossed. Thanks for your willingness to help. Catch up soon.
Chalkster

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
LOL. I was going to tell you Sam just bought a parts bike and might have one. I see he found you already.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha Yes indeed, Sam's the man. But the more people I contact the same response unfortunately. 20yr old TRXs have not surprisingly run a little dry with some of the previously healthy stocks of spare parts. If all avenues lead to dead ends I'll be forced into making a cover of my own. I'll remain optimistic & hopefully we'll track one down.

If by chance you hear of said cover Stateside, the Honda part number 38224 HNO A00

Many thanks.
Chalkster

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts

·
Administrator
13,113 Posts
If all he needs is the cover I'm sure I have some laying around somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If that will work I'll order it and put it in with some parts I have going to Sam. I'm sure he can forward it on to you over there much cheaper than it would be if I were to ship it across the pond in its own box. (assuming that's ok with Sam)
Fantastic result. Thank you so much for looking out for me, I'm extremely grateful. Yes please, if that's OK with Sam? How shall we work this, I can pay you via PayPal if you like or alternatively if Sam is buying some bulk spares from you in a job lot & if it suits him I could settle with him which might possibly be easier. Whatever suits you best?
Thank you very much.
Chalkster

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s fine with me @jeepwm69 , he’s actually close enough for me to drop it over to him or meet somewhere en route. My parts bike has one but it’s busted, typical!

Edit: @Chalkymon I would think that would be the easiest way forward regarding funds, unless you’ve already made arrangements with jeep of course. I’m easy either way.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s fine with me @jeepwm69 , he’s actually close enough for me to drop it over to him or meet somewhere en route. My parts bike has one but it’s busted, typical!

Edit: @Chalkymon I would think that would be the easiest way forward regarding funds, unless you’ve already made arrangements with jeep of course. I’m easy either way.
Sam, you're a star! I'm really intrigued as to where you're located? I'm in Chandlers Ford near Eastleigh. Would you be OK with covering the cost of this purchase on my behalf & I can pay you by whichever option suits, cash, bacs, PayPal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sam, you're a star! I'm really intrigued as to where you're located? I'm in Chandlers Ford near Eastleigh. Would you be OK with covering the cost of this purchase on my behalf & I can pay you by whichever option suits, cash, bacs, PayPal.
I’m literally down the road, I’m between Romsey and Salisbury, closer to Romsey though. Yeah I can cover costs, how much was it? I never looked at the link haha! Is your foreman road legal at all, you could join us one day, we ride the byways, only when the sun is shining of course!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m literally down the road, I’m between Romsey and Salisbury, closer to Romsey though. Yeah I can cover costs, how much was it? I never looked at the link haha! Is your foreman road legal at all, you could join us one day, we ride the byways, only when the sun is shining of course!
Haha I don't believe it, my wksp is just outside Romsey (Ampfield) That's just uncanny. I think the cost shown in the link was $20 so I'm guessing that's around £15? I'll give you a twenty for your help! No mate the trx was purely military off road designation only & there's no intention to modify to road use. What I'm keen to arrange at some point in the not too distant future is a trip down to Broughton Burrows in North Devon. It was used by thousands of American troops prior to D-Day & It's still used as a military driver training area these days. The dunes are superb & very challenging. Amazing place. I've been involved in the SupaCat Jackal driver training with the Army & I can't think of anywhere else I'd want to take a quad more than the Burrows!

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I owe Sam some dough anyway. Just give the funds to him.

I'll get the part ordered today, and Sam, I'm hoping to get those gears pulled this afternoon. Wife works late tonight so I'll have some wrench time after work today.

I'll get it all on the way as soon as the fuse box arrives from PSN.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
If all he needs is the cover I'm sure I have some laying around somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Honestly by the time you dig one out and pay for shipping I could probably almost get the one from PSN.

I need to order some calipers from them anyway.

Thanks for the offer though Toodeep. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gentlemen, I'm indebted to you all. I'm most grateful for the combined interest in helping me progress with this project. Funny how its the insignificant small components that can prove so troublesome in tracking down! Thank you all.

Sam. As & when you're wanting to get in touch, a quicker option would be to ping me an email.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Got the fuse box ordered, along with a half dozen 420 Rancher calipers and the shift shafts I need to convert the extra 500ES motor I have into a footshift motor.

Guy knocked off $70 so I ended up getting all of it for $140 shipped. Gotta love PSN.

It will likely be in first of next week and I'll forward it on to Sam

Glad to help Chalkmon. I know ATV parts over there are ridiculously high.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts