Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 99 Honda Foreman 450ES about 2 weeks ago and I just took it out to this place called busco beach. The question I have is that when I took it in mud and water depth came up to the motor the motor acted like it wanted to shut off but didn't. It only did this when I took it in water. I had a friend that told me it could be a bad plug wire but I figured I would see if you guys had any ideas. I put about 30 miles on it today and didn't have any other problems at all with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your future replys.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
it could be a few different things. Put die electrical grease inside the spark plug boot and in every electrical connection you can get your hands on. also plug off your carb drain.

the plug getting wet and the carb drain letting water in are the two most common problems with the honda's when playing deep

·
Registered
71 Posts
well the drain is located on the bottom of the carb. it should be a tube going down toward the swingarm. the reason that it does not come plug is b/c it has got a one way valve in the tube but it gets stuck open most of the time. just put a screw or golf tee in the end of the tube and like dirty said put dielectic grease in the spark plug boot and elec. connections

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dielectic grease works wonders on these 4 wheelers!! Great stuff, definitely put some in your spark plug boot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.